Senior Staff Engineer
Senior Staff Engineer/IIB developer will determine the functional requirements and build IBM WebSphere Message Broker ("WMB"), Broker Flows, and Representational State Transfer ("REST")/Simple Object Access Protocol ("SOAP") Application Programming Interfaces ("API(s)") and test and deploy applications into various environments.
Design & Methodology
- Work closely with business units, application teams, infrastructure areas and vendors to identity, review and evaluate the solution requirements.
- Investigate and propose strategic fits for virtualization, consolidation and rationalization solution opportunities within the infrastructure or business. Propose changes to the technical design solutions as applicable.
- Evaluate and align strategic fit solutions across platforms and solutions specific to system hardware and software technologies.
- Understand, participate, review and influence long term capacity planning and technology investments.
- Provide client consulting and planning guidance as applicable for moderate to complex projects
- Provide consultation and works closely with other functional infrastructure areas/departments on multiple initiatives to meet common organizational/business goals and objectives.
- Participate in and provides consulting to project teams on architectural, design development, integration opportunities, planning of complex systems.
Planning & Organizing
- Map requirements into standard services solution, identity opportunities for integrating to existing or reuse technology and provide cost effective solutions for moderate to large highly complex project/programs/initiatives.
- Review, identify and manage requirements for moderate to complex solutions and do a cost value, feasibility and risk analysis.
- Review, participate, develop and update architectural standards, guiding principles, rationales and strategies.
- Evaluate, review and approve highly complex design solutions for business and Infrastructure project or programs or initiatives.
- Keep management informed of status of on activities through accurate, timely, and appropriate reporting.
- Actively participate in committees representing the department and/or planning unit.
Apply on company website