Senior Retail Financial Consultant, Comerica Securities
The Senior Retail Financial Consultant builds and grows a book of clients and assist them in the planning and arrangement of their financial affairs, such as savings, investments, retirement provisions and tax treatment. The Financial Consultant is a commission-based, sales role with a focus on providing an exceptional client experience and delivering sound investment recommendations. The Financial Consultant must understand a client's financial situation as well as their risk tolerance.
Successful incumbents have strong decision making and problem-solving skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, knowledge of financial markets and instruments, demonstrated customer presentation and customer service skills and demonstrated sales experience.
- Responsible for building their business by adding new clients and additional assets to their business mix. This is accomplished through diligent follow-up of referred opportunities and seeking new business from inside and outside of Comerica.
- Participate in various marketing campaigns, seminars, luncheons, etc. to educate clients on new trends in market while trying to enhance reputation and expand client base.
- Responsible for staying informed as to the economic and political environment and the firm's investment outlook. Further, FCs have a responsibility to utilize Wealth Management tools and stay current on changes to existing products and services and new investment products and services.
- Work with Regional Sales Manager to develop a strategic business plan with measurable results and achieve designated goals to include revenue, referrals and professional development.
- Maintain open lines of communication and periodically meet with clients to inform them of current market trends and recommend appropriate investment strategies.
- Utilize sales techniques and tools to identify opportunities to grow business.
- Introduce clients to common Wealth Management issues and make introductions to appropriate Wealth Management and collaboration partners to discuss solutions to any issues identified.
- Ensure that appropriate market transactions are executed and maintain contact with existing and prospective customers by participating in a customer pre-call program.
Risk Management & Compliance
- Fulfill all regulatory continuing education and regulatory requirements as established by FINRA.
- Required to understand and follow all Comerica policies and procedures.
- Respond promptly and completely to all inquiries from regulators, internal compliance and supervision.
Apply on company website