Principal Product Manager
The Principal Product Manager will support the full lifecycle of Comerica's products from inception to the complete implementation of the product through various distribution channels. This role will focus on product requirements, customer experience design, deployment planning and product strategies working closely with stakeholders in Technology and the lines of business. This role will also have significant ownership of the ultimate success of assigned product offerings throughout their managed life cycle.
- Provides strategic management of the overall Product program, ensuring that release schedules are met, and risks managed.
- Leads a collaborative, dynamic Product planning process prioritizing efforts that align with Comerica and Technology strategies and provide the best value and outcome for the investment.
- Works with Program/Project Management to decompose the Product Vision and Product Roadmap into themes which will be captured in the Product Backlog by the project manager or delivery lead.
- Consistently exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of budget, scope and schedules.
- Works with stakeholders to expand product offerings.
- Drives appropriate level of development and operational support throughout a product's phases in the maturity life cycle: introduction, growth, maturity, decline.
- Negotiates complex arrangements with other teams, service providers, collaborators and suppliers.
- Develops strategic relationships with suppliers adhering to the tenants of the Corporate Supplier Relationship Management program.
- Works with the key stakeholders including the business Product Owner to define the Product Vision and Product Roadmap for any given product that considers innovation, customer feedback and market/industry drivers.
- Motivates colleagues in multiple organizational units to work collaboratively towards common goals.
- Ensures that all team members, including business partners, are working together effectively, are communicating with related teams and are producing quality work, in line with the overall Product vision.
- Actively participates in the Product Development community, sharing and re-applying skills and knowledge and bringing in best practice.
- Maintains communication with stakeholders in Technology and other lines of business to ensure that there is visibility into the Product's direction, schedule, progress and operational status.
- Communicates the Product Vision to interested parties and stakeholders. It is important that the businesses understand the solution and can engage to ensure there is successful delivery.
Apply on company website