Trust Advisor II
Our Strategic Alliance is a professional collaboration between two great financial firms. Our alliance allows clients to take advantage of Comerica Bank & Trust, N.A.'s professional trust administration capabilities, as well as the services of their Financial Advisor, delivered through a customized, service-driven model. The Trust Advisor I in our Comerica Strategic Alliance group, is responsible for serving as relationship manager for a book of business that can be managed from our centralized location in Detroit. Our advisors are responsible for providing insight to specific trust documents, overseeing overall estate planning, and working directly with our Financial Advisor partners.
Successful incumbents possess effective communication skills, problem solving skills, appropriate functional and technical skills, the ability to multi task, meet service standards and are focused on the customer.
- Manages more routine accounts in accordance with the terms of the various governing documents, applicable law, and consistent with the needs of the principals, income beneficiaries, and remaindermen.
- Reviews, analyzes and interprets documents for direction; evaluates accounts for completeness and accuracy, monitors and reviews account transactions, responds to incoming correspondence and any other client requests to ensure compliance with the governing document, applicable law and policies and procedures.
- Works with manager in developing solutions to most issues brought forth by principals, income beneficiaries and remaindermen such as requests for special distributions, fee issues or disputes.
- Oversees the opening and closing of accounts, ensures the receipt of proper and legally required documentation, ensures the full and complete transfer of assets, their cost basis, and the proper characterization of cash as income or principal, ensures all tax codes and account administration codes are accurate and oversees tax reporting activities, coordinating with outside CPAs and advisors.
- Provides comprehensive wealth planning advice to clients. May participate in projects which affect the broader business and improves efficiency of delivery of services to clients.
- Communicates directly with our Financial Advisor partners, clients, and internal business partners. Providing timely updates on all account related activity and responding quickly to requests.
- Works with Alliance Trust Specialist's to develop new business through our partners.
- Develops referrals through their centers of influence.
Apply on company website