Serves as an expert interpreting the Magnet standards and advising the Nursing Leadership team that integrates organizational nursing practice with the Magnet Standards. Provides leadership and guidance to hospital and nursing leadership to achieve re-designation. Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring of frontline leaders in the Shared Governance Model.
- Meets all standards of the Patient Satisfaction Initiative Criteria in order to make Abington and Lansdale Hospital - Jefferson Health (AJH) the hospital of choice for Patients and Employees.
- Provides leadership and oversight for coordinating the ANCC Magnet application for the re-designation process and for the required annual report to the Magnet Program Office. Serves as the liaison with the ANCC Magnet Program Office.
- Provides ongoing coaching and mentoring of frontline leaders in the Shared Governance Model. Monitors outcomes for Nurse sensitive indicators.
- Interprets Magnet standards and educates /guides nursing leadership and staff in integrating the standards into nursing practice.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years' experience in nursing with leadership experience.
Education & Training: Master's degree in Nursing, Nursing Administration or the equivalent required.
License, Certification & Registration: Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
Other Requirements: Excellent interpersonal and communication skills required. Computer experience required.
Conditions of Employment
Covid Vaccination is a requirement for employment at Jefferson for employees working at Jefferson's clinical entities or at the University. If you are not currently vaccinated you will be required to receive the vaccination prior to hire date if you are offered employment, unless you request and receive an approved medical or religious exemption from Jefferson.
Jefferson includes Thomas Jefferson University and Jefferson Health, a dynamic university and health system with broad reach across the Delaware Valley. Jefferson is the second largest employer in Philadelphia and the largest health system in Philadelphia based on total licensed beds.
Through the merger of Thomas Jefferson University and Philadelphia University in 2017, our University includes ten colleges and four schools. We are an NCAA Division II university and an R2 national doctoral university offering undergraduate and graduate-level programs that provide students with a forward-thinking education in architecture, business, design, engineering, fashion and textiles, health, medicine and social science.
Jefferson Health, the clinical arm of Thomas Jefferson University, has grown from a three-hospital academic health center in 2015, to an 18-hospital health system through mergers and combinations that include hospitals at Abington Health, Aria Health, Kennedy Health, Magee Rehabilitation and Einstein Healthcare Network. We have over 50 outpatient and urgent care centers; ten Magnet-designated hospitals (recognized by the ANCC for nursing excellence); the NCI-designated Sidney Kimmel Cancer Center (one of only 70 in the country and one of only two in the region); and one of the largest faculty-based telehealth networks in the country. In 2021, Jefferson Health became the sole owner of HealthPartners Plan, a not-for-profit health maintenance organization in Southeastern Pennsylvania. We are the first health system regionally to create an aligned payer-provider partnership.
Jefferson's mission, vision and values create an organization that attracts the best and the brightest students, faculty, staff, and healthcare professionals, as well as the most visionary leaders to drive exceptional results.
- OUR MISSION: We improve lives.
- OUR VISION: Reimagining health, education and discovery to create unparalleled value
- OUR VALUES: Put People First, Be Bold & Think Differently and Do the Right Thing
As an employer, Jefferson maintains a commitment to provide equal access to employment. Jefferson values diversity and encourages applications from women, members of minority groups, LGBTQ individuals, disabled individuals, and veterans.
Apply on company website