DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have a rewarding opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a Pharmacy Clinical Manager.
HealthTrust is the supply chain solution for the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA), a Fortune 100 company with more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading providers of healthcare services. HCA operates over 170 locally managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row. At HCA, we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human life. If this describes you, we want your knowledge and expertise!Job Summary
As a Pharmacy Clinical Manager, you will be responsible for designing, implementing and managing the pharmacy clinical programs. This includes formulary management, policy and procedure development and education across the healthcare spectrum. The Clinical Manager shall also assist in managing the pharmacy when the Pharmacy Director or designee is unavailable.
What you will do in this role (included but not limited to):
- Monitor drug therapy regimens for contraindications, drug-drug interactions, drug-food interactions, allergies and appropriateness of drug and dose
- Provide clinical consultation and clarification to practitioners. Suggests appropriate, cost-effective therapeutic alternatives to medical staff as needed
- Sustain the hospital formulary, minimizing nonformulary procurement, utilizing therapeutic interchanges and promotes rational drug therapy selection.
- Identify, design and analyze drug utilization reviews to promote rational drug therapy and determines action plan based on results
- Provide accurate and timely medication information to healthcare staff and patients
- Develop, manage and mentor pharmacy clinical programs such as drug consults, nutrition support, pharmacokinetics, anticoagulant monitoring, pain management, IV to PO, renal dosing and other programs as determined appropriate based on patient population and literature guidelines
- Responsible for design, analysis and reporting of adverse drug reactions, medication errors and pharmacy quality initiatives. Mentors others in their roles for these programs
- Participate with various nursing and medical staff committees as necessary
QualificationsEducation and Experience
- B.S. or Pharm D. from an ACPE-accredited School of Pharmacy required. Doctor of Pharmacy from an ACPE-accredited college of pharmacy is preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year as a Pharmacy Clinical/Operations Specialist required.
- At least 5 years of hospital pharmacy experience required; preferably within area of focus. Hospital pharmacy management experience preferred.
- Completion of hospital PGY2/ pharmacy specialty residency or fellowship preferred.
- Specialty BCPS certification, ACLS or other certification (e.g. FCCP, FASHP) preferred.
- Hospital Pharmacy Management experience is preferred
- Active Pharmacist license in good standing with the appropriate State Board of Pharmacy
- Experience working in Microsoft Office, Meditech, Business Objects and purchasing vendor applications required.
If you find this opportunity compelling, we encourage you to apply.
Corpus Christi Medical Center is an HCA Healthcare system of hospitals along the Gulf Coast of Texas. Comprised of Bay Area, Doctors Regional, Northwest Regional, The Heart Hospital, and Northshore Emergency Center, the facilities of Corpus Christi Medical Center offer a variety of services to meet the needs of the community.
Benefits of working at HealthTrust
Our benefits package allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you and your family. Benefits include 401k with a company match, paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website