FULL TIME BENEFITED
The Electrophysiology Lab Cardiovascular Tech CVT demonstrates excellent customer service performance in that his/her attitude and actions are at all times consistent with the standards contained in the Vision, Mission and Values of Covenant HealthCare. This individual is a caregiver who provides technical and physician support to patients undergoing diagnostic and therapeutic electrophysiology procedures, according to the policies and procedures developed for Center for the Heart.
Contributes to organization success targets for net operating margin. Models Covenant's Mission, Vision and Values of Keeping our Promise of Caring and Commitment to Service.
• Clinical contact with patients in the adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups
• Ability to appropriately assess, care for and treat patients according to the age-appropriate care guidelines as defined by Covenant HealthCare
• Monitors, records and calculates patient EKG and hemodynamic status integral to invasive procedures.
• Provides first-line scrub duties for procedures.
• Positions, sets factors and operates x-ray equipment.
• Prepares patients for procedures.
• Provides data collection and documents for procedures and patient care.
• Establishes hemostasis following procedures.
• Maintains radiographic equipment in efficient operating condition.
• Maintains cleanliness and order in work area; obtains supplies and equipment as needed.
• Maintains proficiency in all computer functionality necessary to perform job duties.
• Transports patients to and from lab.
• Uses proper technique in handling and transporting IVs, IVACs, oxygen, catheters, and other patient equipment.
• Overtime required as needed to complete cases for the day.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
• Smiles, makes eye contact, and says hello
• Puts a smile in their voice on the phone
• Takes people where they need to go
• Is courteous to everyone
• Takes pride in Covenant – keeps it clean
• Offers help and asks, “What else can I do?”
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Associate Degree – accredited radiology program or RCIS program
• Registered with ARRT, or CVT certification
• Current ACLS and BLS certification required
• One to three years' previous experience as a Radiologic Technologist
• Experience in special procedures & sterile technique preferred
• Knowled0ge of sterile technique.
• Knowledge of and ability to use all EP lab equipment.
• Knowledge of C-arm usage.
• Computer background preferred.
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent eye-hand coordination.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced “team” environment
• Ability to handle stressful situations
• Ability to work either independently or in a group
• Ability to motivate and precept new employees
• Physical ability to perform all direct and indirect patient care functions
• Demonstrates adherence to Covenant's core competencies and house rules
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Constant hearing, near vision, midrange vision, far vision, depth perception, visual accommodation, color vision, field of vision.
Constant lifting up to 10 lbs.
Frequent standing, lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, twisting, reaching, handling, finger dexterity, feeling, talking.
Occasional walking, sitting, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, squatting, tasting, smelling.
Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs.
NOTICE REGARDING LATEX SENSITIVITY IN APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT.
It has been determined that Covenant HealthCare cannot provide a latex safe or latex free work environment at any of its facilities. Unfortunately, that means that any individual, including an applicant or an employee, is likely to be exposed to latex while on Covenant's premises. Therefore, latex tolerance is considered to be an essential function for any position with Covenant.
Apply on company website