This position is responsible for trailer placement and transport within the facility's property.
2. GENERAL PURPOSE:
• Move trailers in and out of doors as needed.
• Inspect/ensure all yard tractor safety equipment is in good operating condition.
• Follow all safety guidelines in order to prevent injuries/accidents on the yard.
• Perform safety and preventative maintenance checks prior to the daily operation of the yard tractor(s).
• Slot and transport trailers within the confines of the CDC compound as requested by the Production Supervisor(s).
• Maintain continuous communication by radio with DC Supervisors and Group Leaders to receive movement instructions and report completed moves.
• Verify and record trailer number and door number on the daily matrix form.
• Prior to completing each shift, ensure all paperwork is completed and submitted daily.
• Utilize tablet computer in vehicles to maintain integrity of yard management
• Frequent overtime required, particularly during high volume periods, to ensure that all stores are serviced according to daily schedule.
• Perform other related duties as assigned by Supervisor.
• Assist in housekeeping.
• Physical demands: This position requires lifting 50lbs or more on a seldom basis. Other physical activities include bending/reaching/stooping/ climbing frequently and walking/standing on an occasional basis.
• Work environment: Able to work outside in all weather conditions.
• Be available for overtime in emergency situations or as needed.
• Demonstrated general experience in the use of basic hand tools.
• Demonstrated ability to properly use lift gate equipment.
• Good written and verbal communication skills.
• Normal eyesight (natural or corrected).
Previous Driver experience
HS Diploma GED preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website