As a Regulatory Affairs Advisor, you will be a key contributor to the successful identification, review, communication and implementation of state and federal mandates. The Regulatory Affairs Advisor is essential to ensuring the operationalization and compliance of state and federal mandates which impact CVS Caremark and the clients we support. The Regulatory Affairs Advisor position is responsible for reviewing state and federal mandates, and working within the Regulatory Affairs team to identify impacted business areas and business owners. The position is also responsible for working cross-functionally within the organization to guide business owners through the implementation of mandate related requirements.
We are looking for someone with the ability to understand technical business processes in order to determine compliance. This position will require you to work independently in a collaborative team environment. You will need to dive into details and summarize regulations and impacts for a senior leadership level audience. Excellent communication skills are required as the Advisor will engage with various internal business partners and senior leadership related to regulatory implementations. Strong organizational, project management, and time management skills are essential to successful regulatory implementations.
As part of the Regulatory Affairs team you will be focused on driving a high level of client satisfaction related to regulatory interpretation and guidance. Your regulatory work will also focus on guiding client decision making in the context of regulatory requirements.
Additional responsibilities of the Regulatory Affairs Advisor include:
- Engaging senior leaders with readouts or implementation status of regulatory mandates
- Work internally with key stakeholders and business unit leaders to drive regulatory compliance
- At least 2 years or more of Medicaid and/or Marketplace regulatory experience, PBM experience or healthcare industry experience
- Minimum of 2 years of experience working cross functionally with multiple internal stakeholders to drive the understanding and implementation oversight of regulatory initiatives
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
- Medicaid, Exchange, and Commercial regulations experience
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, SharePoint or other intranet work-sharing programs
- Ability to influence cross functional teams in order to achieve compliance with regulatory requirements
- Strong organizational skills and project management skills to establish and track regulatory implementations
- Ability to understand and translate technical business processes in order to determine compliance
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or equivalent work is experience is required.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website