It is a great time to join the beauty retail division of CVS Health, as America's leading retail pharmacy with more than 8,000 stores and continuing to grow. We are seeking a talented, sales oriented, Professional Beauty Consultant who is passionate about the beauty industry and believes the customer experience should be topnotch. We have partnered with service industry leaders to bring top-notch beauty services to our customers in-store.
CVS customers will experience your passion for beauty as you share the latest beauty trends and techniques through beauty services and sales. You will be responsible for the end-to-end customer experience in Beauty & Personal Care and will provide various paid beauty services and personalized product advice.
Customer Sales Experience
• Seek out customers to ensure they have a world class beauty advisor experience.
• Provide personalized sales service based on customer needs, productive upselling and suggestive selling.
• Maneuver in a conversation to stimulate a different thought process. This means you are confident and comfortable using your verbal skills to generate sales.
• Be the brand expert by answering customer questions in detail with product knowledge to produce the largest sales basket possible.
• Engage all customers with CVS services, Beauty Club programs and invite customers to in-store events and/or explain current promotions to close the sale of products and services.
• Represent both the CVS and partner brands when interacting with customers and uphold the highest standards of service.
• CVS Professional Beauty Consultants are required to provide hair, make-up and ear-piercing services in all stores. Professional Beauty Consultants are also required to perform all other services offered in any location in which they work.
• CVS Professional Beauty Consultants must successfully pass assessments of paid service proficiency before performing services in store.
• Educate beauty customers by demonstrating proper product usage and highlighting product features and benefits to help drive purchase conversion.
• Manage time effectively between consultations, scheduled services and walk-in clients.
• Display current and active Cosmetology license during all working hours in all locations in which they work as mandated by the state.
• Create and maintain product displays and display special promotional materials in support of key brand, corporate and local advertising efforts.
• Participate in and represent CVS at sales programs and/or events.
• Maintain a beautiful and clean zone by keeping your assigned area well-stocked, well-merchandised and compliant with hygiene standards for a positive shopping and service experience.
• Ensure that all CVS sanitation and hazardous waste disposal policies are executed in a timely and compliant manner.
• Complete ongoing sales, brand, and paid service execution training in a timely manner with CVS and service partners to ensure knowledge and skills are modern and current.
• Maintain a professional colleague appearance in compliance with company policies and guidelines at all times.
• Be our customer's Beauty Expert by being plugged-in to all of the latest beauty trends and techniques. Be a beauty enthusiast!
Why You'll Love Working Here!
• Exposure to the latest and greatest product in the industry through brand interaction, training and more.
• Gratis. Everyone loves free samples!
• Aspire to be one of the top Pro Beauty Consultants to earn an invitation to the annual tradeshow. The day is full of learning, demonstrations and surprises!
• You will be helping people on their path to better health. When people feel good about themselves and take care of their beauty needs, that translates to a positive impact on the rest of their lives, and you will contribute to this impact!
• Must possess a current and valid Cosmetology License in the state in which you will be working.
• Must maintain an active Cosmetologist license at all times in the state you are employed and ensure it is present and displayed during working hours at your work site(s) as mandated by that state.
• Experience and proficiency in both hair styling and makeup application.
• CVS Professional Beauty Consultants must demonstrate the ability and willingness to perform hair, make-up and ear-piercing services in all stores. Professional Beauty Consultants are also required to perform all other services offered in any location in which they work.
• Must pass all required skills assessments and training courses to fully execute paid service options offered in the store locations in which you work.
• Ability to use sales data with product/brand knowledge to meet sales and beauty service goals
• Strong interpersonal, organizational and communication skills.
• Goal-driven, with an ability to multi-task.
• Ability to work independently and as an integral part of a team in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities and quickly learning new procedures
• Available to work at a CVS store and travel to sales programs and events as needed
• Available to work a flexible retail schedule, which may include mornings, evenings, weekends, extended hours and “Peak” Hours
• Nevada Professional Beauty Consultant applicants must provide confirmation of a MAKEUP ARTIST REGISTRATION/ THREADER REGISTRATION issued from the state of Nevada
• In specific CVS stores, we require bi-lingual beauty advisors that can speak to customers in both English and Spanish.
• Must be at least 18 years old
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Stand for extended periods of time and move throughout the store in order to provide excellent customer service, including providing services and beauty consulting, and perform other task work such as stocking and facing product displays and updating advertising promotions
• Able to stoop, kneel or crouch, and able to reach or grasp objects, including objects on lower shelves
• Able to perform duties requiring manual dexterity (e.g., hair styling, makeup applications, ear piercing)
• Physical abilities to support the Required Qualifications listed above
• Prior beauty sales experience with a strong passion for beauty.
•High school diploma or equivalent preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website