Qualifying candidates may be eligible for up to a $5,000 sign on bonus.
This role will be traveling locally to hospitals in the Chicago, IL area!
Help us elevate our patient care to a whole new level! Join our Aetna team as an industry leader in serving dual eligible populations by utilizing best-in-class operating and clinical models. You can have life-changing impact on our members who are enrolled in Medicare and Medicaid and present with a wide range of complex health and social challenges. With compassionate attention and excellent communication, we collaborate with members, providers, and community organizations to address the full continuum of our members' health care and social determinant needs. Join us in this exciting opportunity as we grow and expand dually eligible members to change lives in new markets across the country.
The Social Worker participates in the care planning process in collaboration with the Care Manager, to include the following actions: assessment, goal setting, establishing interventions related to goals, identifying barriers and strategies to address, monitoring success of the interventions, evaluating the success of the overall care plan and reporting outcomes.
• Care management activities will focus on quality of care, compliance, outcomes and decreasing costs.
• Responsible for developing and carrying out strategies to coordinate and integrate post-acute and long-term care services to members to prevent exacerbations and/or placement of the members in custodial care.
• Performs initial and periodic assessments of the members enrolled in the Long-Term Care Program and/or care programs.
• Applies social work concepts, principles, and strategies in addressing the social determinants of health needs in members individualized care plan.
• Conducts regular discussion and updates with providers, primary care physicians, Medical Directors, pharmacists, and care management staff regarding the status of members and progress towards goals.
• Serves as a member advocate to ensure the member receives all the necessary care allowed under the member's benefit plan and as available through Medicaid benefits and/or other community resources.
• Develops relationships with hospital social workers and community resources and utilizes available data to assure appropriate care management of catastrophic, acute, and chronically ill members with the goal of appropriate utilization, decreased length of stay, and preventable emergency room utilization.
• Assists in the identification and reporting of potential quality improvement issues.
• Directs social work interventions including performing psychosocial assessment of the populations, telephone follow up and in-home or facility assessments as indicated, documentation of problems, assessments, and/or interventions, and promoting ease of access to a continuum of care through appropriate information and referral.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Minimum of 2 years' experience in medical social work or case management.
• Complies with all state requirements in the state where job duties are performed.
• Ability to travel locally as required.
• Master's degree must be in Social Work
• License in social work required
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website