The Analytics Solution Strategy Advisor role within the Finance Analytics team provides leadership and coordination of drug price analytics initiatives aimed at maximizing financial impact & value for the PBM business. The role is responsible for designing and leading implementation of price optimization solutions by collaborating with analytic partners and business partners from Finance, data strategy, IT and other analytics teams to develop effective solutions for our partners.
This position will enable data-driven strategic decision-making and find opportunities for existing analytics solution improvement and development with supporting new pricing initiatives. The Analytics Strategy Advisor will also develop roadmaps and detailed project plans to succinctly convey progress and issues to senior leadership teams.
What the Analytics Strategy Advisor will do within the Finance Analytics team:
• Develop business cases that estimate costs and benefits in order to demonstrate the value to the business and guide prioritization decisions;
• Support development and implementation of machine learning models and optimization algorithms.
• Collaborate with key internal and external partners to gather and analyze needs and requirements;
• Assess existing available data, identifying data gaps, and collaborating with the data strategy team, IT, business partners, and outside vendors to develop approaches to closing the data gaps;
• Coordinate projects and activities across multiple teams in a matrix organization;
• Support analyses of data, ranging from descriptive ad-hoc analyses to in-depth investigations of drug pricing, healthcare utilization trends and outcomes with several statistical modeling approaches, such as regression modeling, time-series analyses, optimization and machine learning techniques including random forests and ensemble models;
• Support design and implementation of robust analytic and reporting solutions to support the identified needs;
• Construct and deliver written reports of your findings in a variety of formats (reports, PPT, including visualization of your findings, formulate recommendations, and effectively present the results to with non-analytic audiences;
• Apply creativity in developing analytic solutions based on available data sources, and representing analytic findings in reports, tools, and other media to support most effective translation and application for our customers
• 2+ years' experience problem solving and constructing analytic solutions to business problems;
• 2+ years' experience interacting with and influencing decision-making by business audiences;
• 2+ years of previous work experience in data analysis and predictive modeling
• 2+ years' experience using R and Python
• 2+ years' experience using advanced technical skills, with proficiency in SQL
• Master's Degree in qualitative field such as Statistics, Biostatistics, Analytics, Epidemiology, Public Health or Economics + 3 years professional experience or Doctorate degree +1 year experience.
• Experience with machine learning (i.e. feature engineering, model selection, validation, etc.) or price optimization
• Experience developing and applying forecasting methods and models
• Proven ability constructing, validating, and maintaining predictive models in healthcare settings;
• Knowledge and experience with healthcare industry and healthcare data
• Experience with time series and forecasting methods
• Experience working with data visualization platforms such as Tableau and MicroStrategy
• Experience with relational databases
• Proven competencies in collaboration, creative problem solving and agility
• Possess a strong curiosity to continuously learn data science techniques and tools
• Possess strong organizational skills and ability to work in a climate of ambiguity
• Demonstrate excellent relationship management, strong team building and the ability to work across business units within a complex organization
• Excellent project management skills and ability to deliver in the fast-paced evolving environment
• Educational background may serve as a substitute for part or all of the length of relevant employment requirement
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills, including developing and presenting strategic plans and presentations to executive and technical audiences with the goal of obtaining feedback and alignment on project goals and delivery strategies
• Required: Master's Degree in qualitative field such as Statistics, Biostatistics, Analytics, Epidemiology, Public Health or Economics + 3 years professional experience or Doctorate degree +1 year experience.
• Preferred: Doctorate Degree
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website