Forecasting: Generate forecast for drugs and supplies that controls daily purchases and is critical to service level to customers, using appropriate system parameters and analytical techniques that will create the most accurate forecast. Using historical data and other information from various internal teams, review and analyze and further factor the forecasts to ensure service level, inventory turnover and inventory dollar metrics are met. Track forecasts to actual, identify forecast errors and take action to improve forecast accuracy. Review other system tracking and take appropriate actions for further forecast improvement. Adjust forecasts for current and upcoming events such as generic launches, contract implementations, pharmacy and formulary changes, drug manufacturer backorders and other business changes.
Managing changes: Use available reporting to pull/distribute dispensing information. Process input received from internal teams to adjust forecasts for changes from one manufacturer product to another and unavailable or discontinued items to their replacement or other preferred items. Review forecast inquiries from internal team members to determine if adjustments are required.
Reporting & Maintenance: Supply forecast reports to our suppliers and Trade Relations. Identify most appropriate package size/s where needed. Using available reporting, pull data on surplus, no movement items or other requirements and analyze data according to management needs. Perform SAP parameter reviews and make recommendations for changes that ensure the impact to service level and inventory dollars is balanced. Suggest process improvements and if approved, document in work instructions. Performance of duties as required by supervisor, including (but not limited to): frequent projects related to compiling and analyzing data (volume, inventory, consumption, purchases, forecasts, and product movement information) as well as performing root cause analyses.
Interaction: Work individually and as a team (including back-up responsibilities). An awareness of teammates' projects is required so as not to take actions that conflict with project strategy. Appropriately identify and report consumption concerns to ensure accurate forecasts.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience
- Advanced Excel skills are crucial. This must include the ability to format, sort, filter, pivot, merge and efficiently analyze mass amounts of data.
- Performs work in an accurate and timely manner and is detail oriented
- Demonstrates advanced analytical skills and statistical knowledge. Is able to tailor reporting depending on audience to provide conclusions and recommendations.
- Must have a strong understanding of Supply Chain concepts and the impact of forecasts & MRP on other areas of the business such as Operations, Finance, Accounting, and Logistics.
- Has a process improvement mentality and is able to perform root cause analysis
- Has detailed knowledge of the systems and applications utilized to forecast drug. Experience using SAP is highly preferred.
- Experience in a Demand Planning/Forecasting role is a plus
- Is able to train team members
- Has strong interpersonal skills and business image/polish. Is able to interact effectively and professionally at higher levels within the organization
- Demonstrates an understanding of Corporate Policies and how they apply to day to day responsibilities
- Should be capable of working at an extremely detailed level while remaining flexible in a rapidly changing business environment
Bachelor's degree in a Business-related field is preferred, but can be substituted for equivalent experience across multiple aspects of the Supply Chain with previous roles in inventory management, manufacturing planning and/or forecasting.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website