End-to-end management of the Incident and Problem Management functions. Responsible for leading support teams to restore services as quickly as possible for application and business service outages and then working to identify the root-cause as quickly as possible. This role requires leading and managing decentralized resources often across the country and steering them to quickly resolve business impacting outages. The role also requires a deep understanding of IT technologies and problem solving capabilities to coach resources and teams towards finding the correct root cause and a detailed and effective mitigation plan to ensure the underlying cause of the issue does not reoccur.
Actively participate in company-wide continuous process improvement projects in the incident, problem and change control areas by leading and providing the data and information needed to help drive them to a successful conclusion. Measure the effectiveness of improvements and provide management visibility to such improvements through high level reporting. Coordinate program efforts with division management and lead associated steering committees.
The ideal candidate will be action oriented, comfortable in dealing with ambiguity, have a detailed and in-depth quantitative and qualitative background, be creative, have solid conflict management skills, be customer focused, know how to build peer relationships, be able to both plan and execute on strategic objectives, and be both operationally and technically proficient. The candidate should be able to effectively demonstrate these skills at all levels of the company.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
• Excellent communication (oral, listening and written) skills.
• Ability to facilitate the adoption of Incident/Problem/Change Management Process within an IT environment
• This role is on call in the evenings/weekend one week per month.
• A high level of knowledge of network systems/infrastructure management and process methodologies and practices.
• Experience in Root Cause Analysis and data collection
• Knowledge of 5 Why's Methodology of root cause analysis
• Ability to interact with all levels of management both inside and outside of IS, to include vendor interactions.
7+ years of IT management experience
5+ years of experience in IT Incident Management
• 10+ years of IT management experience
• 10+ years of experience in IT Incident Management
• Strong knowledge of architecture and systems administration processes for UNIX, Linux, MF-Zseries, iSeries, and Microsoft Systems.
High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelors preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website