As the Market Strategy Senior Advisor you will play a critical role within the Enterprise Market Strategy team as a Specialty subject matter expert. In close coordination with PBM & Specialty leadership you will effectively leverage cross-functional partnerships throughout CVS Health's business units to deliver strategic insights and empower growth.
Your focus will be developing actionable insight analyses and informing strategic approaches by monitoring and assessing competitive dynamics within the Specialty & PBM markets. These insights, coupled with your robust knowledge of how our competitors go to market, will inform key stakeholders on opportunities to best position CVS Health to win or retain business.
In this role you will be:
- Analyzing industry trends within the Specialty & PBM markets, customer needs (both client and member), market and competitive threats, expansion opportunities and internal performance and positioning
-Developing partnerships with critical Specialty & PBM sales, product, strategy, digital teams in order to identify the key trends / competitive strategies taking place within the Specialty market, including but not limited to Oncology, Hemophilia, Gene Therapy, etc.
-Defining, creating and delivering competitive assessment for key stakeholders and continuously vetting and evaluating sources of data/information to determine emerging competitive trends
-Serving as a point contact/subject matter expert on all things related to the Specialty & PBM markets, competitor landscapes
-Comfortable developing insights and recommendations for wide range of audiences including senior executives, with an ability to draw inferences / make sound and thoughtful observations using limited or incomplete information.
Your success will be guided by your strong working knowledge of the Specialty market as well as the industry's segments, pharma, health plan / payor knowledge, and the broader PBM and healthcare landscape.
You will also need to utilize your knowledge of how clients choose integrated (carve in) vs stand alone (carve out) benefits, and the long tail of vendors that look to offer carve out services to clients.
You will need to possess or quickly develop a solid grasp of the CVS Health's enterprise assets, how those assets align to the needs of different client and prospect segments and how those assets compare to the competitive set. You will be collaborating very closely with Specialty & PBM product leadership, sales leadership, digital and other cross-functional partners throughout the org in order to translate competitive dynamics and client objectives/needs into strategic and tactical opportunities for competitive differentiation.
- 6+ years of related market experience within the healthcare field
- Experience in the Specialty, PBM and/or Pharma industries, specifically work within functional areas such as: strategy, competitive/market research, product development, consulting, sales, finance, trade, benefit consulting or clinical
- Direct experience with specialty provider, payor (health plan, employer, government), PBM, government and/or pharma is strongly preferred
- Demonstrably self-motivated, with the ability to work independently to define, scope, prioritize efforts that meet or exceed stakeholders needs and expectations
-"Independent collaborator” able to serve as the main point of contact on all areas Specialty related, while also closely collaborating with the broader Enterprise Market Strategy team
- Must be results-oriented, and able to convince leaders and stakeholders of your value, earn their trust and time, and work collaboratively to build and deliver actionable strategies
- Expert-level of skill and experience required in process definition, often in ambiguous situations and providing insights based on potentially incomplete information from external sources
- Possess the ability to break down complex problems into discrete analytical questions and then guide a team to develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to drive design choices
- Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with a diverse range of constituents, both verbally and "on paper," at all levels of the organization
- Masters degree preferred
Bachelors degree or equivalent experience required
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website