Provides consultation on the design, testing and enhancement of information product including technical assistance and product development support to external and internal customers. Researches, manipulates and prepares complex data to document program activities and reports on its results. Provides oversight to data quality and provides feedback to various areas in order to improve service delivery and enhancement to design efforts. Develops a consultative relationship with internal/external customers.
- May lead or act as a business technical expert with the planning, development and validation of master of reporting and strategies.
- Performs ongoing data sourcing, research, and support tasks for existing systems.
- Leads or acts as a business technical expert in the design of new or enhanced reporting including integration of solutions.
- Influences enhancements to business processes and system infrastructure to improve data quality availability and access.
- Manages customer contact and participates in internal and external health industry development efforts (e.g., performance measurements).
- Analyzes complex data for trends, highlights in-depth interpretations and provides in-depth root cause analysis.
- Owns the customer relationship to ensure progress is in line with customer's expectations and to obtain additional information as needed.
- Translates complex data into constructive data and information and makes recommendations.
- Defines, identifies, develops and implements information products to support strategic business and operational planning. Illustrates complex information in a clear concise manner.
- Develops and conducts presentations and consultations to existing and prospective customers and internal business areas.
- Provides workgroup support on projects.
- Educates customer on the value, use and interpretation of information product. Influences changes/enhancements to business processes, policies, and system infrastructure to improve information quality, availability and access.
- Evaluates available software and data to deliver better business solutions.
- Utilizes automation of processes in the course of reporting system delivery.
- Grows skillset on a continuous basis through self-teaching and peer sharing.
- Proven self-starter who consistently looks for value-add opportunities to enhance the team.
- 2+ years of strong SQL experience with 5+ years of relational database experience.
- Extensive experience with databases as well interpretation and manipulation of related data.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Medicaid / Healthcare background is highly desirable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Thrives in matrix managed environment that is fast-paced and demanding.
- Excellent organization, attention to detail and quality focus.
- Works as a team player on a closely knit, fast-pasted, chaotic environment.
- Proven performer in a work-from-home office setting.
- Able to work Central Time-zone hours and manage time effectively.
- Excellent ability to independently problem solve.
- Able to work with all levels in a corporate environment as well as with external partners.
- Bachelor's degree, technical certification or equivalent work experience.
Additional Job Information
Medicaid experience in a fast-paced demanding environment is a big plus. Ability to self-learn and direct is essential.
High School diploma, G.E.D. or equivalent experience
Percent of Travel Required
0 - 10%
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website