This position is with the Actuarial Rating Systems Support team and focuses on operational execution for our large group commercial rating engine. As a Sr. Actuarial Consultant the ideal candidate will take ownership of system enhancements from beginning to end; representing our team on collaboration calls with business partners, developing the project plan and technical steps, and ushering the improvements through the testing, documentation, and rollout stages. They will also make use of their technical skills and attention to detail in the coordination and implementation of rating changes to our production environment.
Actuarial responsibilities include:
• Defining specifications and documentation for rating methodology changes
• Collaboration with central and local market actuarial teams on new product initiatives
• Testing and sign-off for ERNIE system enhancements
• Creating unique exhibits to demonstrate rating methods for regulatory/underwriting inquiries
• Assessing claim impact of benefit relativity changes
Technical responsibilities include:
• Implementation of commercial actuarial rate reviews in ERNIE
• Tier 2 technical support for underwriting/actuarial rating issues
• Process improvement via SQL and excel/VBA
-3+ Actuarial exams and pursuing ASA designation
-2+ years related work experience
-Strong technical and problem-solving skills
- Functional SQL user, able to interpret existing code and manipulate data beyond simple data pulls
- Strong organization skills
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
At Aetna, a CVS Health company, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We are committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive workplace. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, disability or protected veteran status. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website