CVS Health Digital is looking for a Senior Software Development Engineer with Java, NodeJS or Python development experience to help build our next generation cloud native health care platform to enable the delivery of use cases into products focused on helping people live healthier lives.
In this role, you will use your experience in working on the latest big data, cloud technologies, and development methodologies involving cloud computing, NoSQL databases, security, encryption, data movement in order to help us leverage data and IoT events to deliver critical capabilities.
You will be part of team in designing & developing applications/pipelines for data movement, transformation and dissemination using advanced technologies, such as Microservices, Docker/Containers & CI/CD in cloud native environments.
You will work on cutting-edge applications and products. Brainstorming with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people.
• Develop cloud scalable applications & services in a containerized and CI/CD environment
• Analyze, design and develop tests and test-automation suites.
• Test software development methodology in an agile environment
• Provide ongoing maintenance, support and enhancements in existing systems and platforms.
• Collaborate cross-functionally with data scientists, business users, project managers and other engineers to achieve elegant solutions.
• Provide recommendations for continuous improvement.
• Mentor junior developers
• Establish frameworks for quickly rolling out new data analysis for standalone data-driven products and micro-services
• Demonstrate a deep knowledge & ability to operationalize, scalable web/webservices applications with industry standards and best practices
• Partner end-to-end with Architects, Product Managers and Data Engineers to understand customer requirements and design prototypes and bring ideas to production
What we are looking for:
• We develop real products. You need to be an expert in design, coding and scripting
• We prioritize professional industry experience; advanced degrees alone do not replace real world experience
• We have massive scale. You need to have experience in distributed, scalable systems.
• You must have worked with modern data storage, messaging, and processing tools and demonstrated experience designing and coding in big-data components.
• We are a growing, diverse team and we work together on delivering a Health Cloud platform. We love to collaborate and help each other, and we want someone to share that ideology
• We are and need other self-starters who can see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
• 5+ years software development in enterprise/ web/ cloud applications
• We run a multi-cloud platform and containerize applications. You should have good experience of how to build, test, and deploy code to run on cloud infrastructure
• Working knowledge with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies
• Working knowledge in microservices
• Experience with building APIs and services using REST
• Experience with infrastructure automation technologies like Docker, Vagrant, etc.
• Experience with build automation technologies like Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, etc.
• Must have experience with Unix/Linux systems with scripting experience
• Must have experience in open source programming languages for large scale data
• Hands-on platform builder with significant experience in developing scalable data platforms.
• Experience with test-driven development and automated testing frameworks.
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Capable of delivering on multiple competing priorities with little supervision.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, leadership and collaboration skills.
Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent years of experience.
Master's degree in the above subjects is desirable.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
Apply on company website