DEA's is looking for a full-time Construction Project Manager to join our Construction Engineering Services (CES) group in our Portland, OR office. As the Construction Project Manager, the duties will be to serve as the owner's representative to monitor and oversee field work to be performed by contractors and specialty subcontractors for our clients.
Other duties might include:
- Manage contractor conformance to plans and specifications.
- Conduct contract administration functions.
- Proactively identifying issues in documents and activities, and works to resolve those issues.
- May act as the lead for other construction inspectors.
- Interpret contract plans and specifications for roadway and bridge construction to ensure contract compliance
- Act as the representative of the Client in communications with the Contractor, public, and other interested parties.
- Prepare construction schedules for design projects.
- Perform constructability reviews at specific points during project design.
- Assist in managing design projects in preparation for construction.
- Overseeing and managing DEA construction staff
- Heavy construction experience with Highways, Bridges, Paving, and Utilities
- Knowledge of ODOT Specifications and Construction Manual
- ODOT contract administration and inspection experience is preferred
- Professional Engineer (PE) license
- Experience with administration of Federal aid contracts
- 10+ years of construction experience
- Acquire and maintain ODOT Inspector certifications within 9 months
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on four markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website