DEA is currently seeking a Project Controller / Assistant Project Manager to work in our Portland market, assisting with transportation projects. These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, project financial management, such as cost forecasting and reporting, budget management and control; contract administration; change management; participation in the development and implementation of document control, communication and information distribution protocols; and when interacting with clients, demonstrating DEA's core ideology and commitments.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Coordinating with internal team and subconsultants to edit and develop scope and fee; reconciling comments with internal reviewers and client; managing adherence to scope, fee and change management; directing and reviewing setup and change order forms;
- Coordinating with client and project team to review weekly project charges, track burn rate vs. budget, issue team direction related to budget; monitoring and advising PM of overall project status, including MWESB/SBE project goal progress;
- Providing project controls oversight;
- Planning, organizing and monitoring project development to ensure that deliverables are produced efficiently, on time, within budget and to specified standards;
- Coordinating the production and distribution of deliverables to the client;
- Coordinating with client and team to develop and manage critical path method project schedule(s), communicate milestones and short-term schedules to team;
- Assisting in the development of QA/QC plan and directing implementation, manage adherence and documentation;
- Assisting, preparing or overseeing development of subconsultant agreements and task orders;
- Assisting in the development and implementation of records management, communication and information distribution processes
- 2+ years working in project controls on mid-large construction or transportation projects
- Intermediate skills in Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience multi-tasking and prioritizing competing deadlines.
- Project management experience on transportation projects
- Demonstrated experience leading project teams, including team coordination.
- Managing scope, schedule and budget.
- Experience in an architecture, engineering, or construction firm.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Transportation Jobs with DEA
The increasing complexities of modern transportation include growing demands, aging infrastructure, rising costs, funding challenges, and environmental concerns. Agencies and communities faced with improving their transportation systems must do more with less. From initial investigations through planning, concept development, final design, and construction, DEA responds with solutions that serve today's transportation needs while accommodating tomorrow's growth. Our Transportation Business Unit focuses on five markets; Bridges and Structures, Roads and Highways, Transit and Rail, Smart Mobility and Construction Engineering.
Apply on company website