St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John's Regional is a part of Dignity Health's Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at.
ResponsibilitiesIn keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Clinical Nurse III is an advance practitioner who is an expert in bedside nursing care and is also capable of directing/coaching staff in the daily operations of the nursing unit. Acts as a daily operations of the nursing unit and mentor, preceptor, and resource of the Clinical Nurse I and II as well as other staff members and must be able to provide advance consultation in patient care problems for a given patient population.
This position is represented by SEIU, Local 121RN, and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
KEY WORDS: RN, REGISTERED NURSE, PACU, SURGERY, HOSPITAL, HEALTHCARE
- RN with advanced skills who is an expert in recovery nursing care
- Current California Registered Nurse license (RN)
- Current BLS certification (CT CPRBLS)
- Current PALS certification (CT PALS)
- Current ACLS certification (CT ACLS)
- 2 years critical care experience
- Baccalaureate Degree in Nursing
- PACU specialty certification
- Demonstrates average competency level 2.75 in core RN competencies and competency level 3.0 in the required PACU specialty competencies.
- Works independently within a decentralized nursing environment.
- Consistently maintains licensure, BLS, annual mandatory nursing reorientation, ACLS certification, and evidence of annual education in PACU Facilitates at least one unit education activity annually.
- Willingly and independently assumes the preceptor/mentor role for nurses in orientation, temporary staff and novice PACU nurses.
- Applies and documents the Nursing Process independently in complex patient situations.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and a caring compassionate attitude toward others.
- Models leadership through effectively assuming the role of relief charge nurse.
- Models appropriate delegation of patient care tasks to other team members based on scope of practice and demonstrated competency, supervising the care provided.
- Applies the PDCA model of continuous quality improvement to a patient care improvement project annually.
- Willingly chairs and/or actively participates in at least one unit team, task force or committee annually.
- Organizes and prioritizes work efficiently.
- Demonstrates clear and effective written and oral English language skills and objective active listening skills.
- Promotes the smooth function of the unit by supporting change and patient care improvement projects.
- Achieves positive results for the organization with and through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions and problem-solving.
Overview:St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and...
Apply on company website