St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and as one of America's 100 Best Hospitals for Cardiac Care by Healthgrades. St. John's Regional is a part of Dignity Health's Southern California Division and is a member of CommonSpirit Health, the largest not-for-profit health care system in the nation, boasting an integrated network of top quality hospitals, with physicians from the most prestigious medical schools, and comprehensive outpatient services - all recognized for quality, safety, and service. Each hospital is supported by an active philanthropic Foundation to help meet the growing health care needs of our communities. Learn more at.
In keeping with the Dignity Health core values, the Clinical Nurse III is an advocate practitioner who is an expert in bedside nursing care and is also capable of directing/coaching staff in the daily operations of the nursing unit. Acts as a daily operations of the nursing unit. Acts as a mentor, preceptor, and resource of the Clinical Nurse I and II as well as the other staff members. Able to provide advance consultation in patient care problems for a given patient population.
This position is represented by SEIU, Local 121RN, and is covered by the terms and conditions of the applicable collective bargaining agreement.
KEY WORDS: RN, REGISTERED NURSE, SURGERY, OR, PERIOPERATIVE, HOSPITAL, HEALTHCARE, "First Assistant"
- Current California RN license (RN)
- Current CPR certification (CT CPRBLS)
- Current ACLS certification (CT ACLS)
- Current PALS certification (CT PALS)
- Three (3) to five (5) years circulating experience in Perioperative setting in multiple service-lines.
- Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of patient care delivery.
- Demonstrates proficient advanced nursing skills and specialty skills.
- Demonstrates a caring compassionate attitude toward others.
- Ability to model the leadership role for the patient care team.
- Demonstrates skills in appropriately delegating patient care tasks to other team members.
- Extensive knowledge of CQI techniques and the ability apply these techniques in patient care.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge and utilization of CQI techniques in patient care improvement projects.
- Demonstrates ability to chair and actively participates in unit leadership teams, task forces or committees.
- Organizes and prioritizes work efficiently.
- Demonstrates clear and effective written and oral English language skills and objective active listening skills.
- Knowledge of the concepts of Change Theory and the ability to identify the need for change and as well as the ability to apply these principles.
- Ability to act as a role model and resource for all patient care team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others across all departments.
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions, conflict management and problem-solving skills.
Overview:St. John's Regional Medical Center, located in Oxnard, California is a recognized as a Top 250 Hospital in the Nation and...
Apply on company website