The licensed vocation nurse (LVN) is responsible for providing safe, compassionate, and focused nursing care to assigned patients with predictable health care needs. The LVN works under direct supervision of the registered nurse (RN) and assists with carrying out the patient's plan of care in accordance with the state's nurse practice act.
- Education Required: High School diploma or G.E.D and graduated from an approved licensed practical nurse/vocational nurse (LPN/LVN).
- Experience Required: Two years of relevant experience as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in an acute care setting
- Certification/Licenses/Registration Required:
- Current license as a Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or as a Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) by the state in which you practice
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) & Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification from the American Heart Association, required
- Pedagogy IV Certification Course must be completed within 30 days of hire
- Position requires fluency in English; written and oral communication
Essential Job Functions
- Provides safe, compassionate nursing care to assigned patients with predictable health care needs as directed by the registered nurse and the patient's plan of care in accordance with state's nurse practice act and organizational policies.
- Performs assigned responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and excellent customer service.
- Completes accurate and timely documentation of patient care that reflect the plan of care.
- Completes focused patient assessments (defined as an appraisal of the patient's status or current situation) in accordance with state's nurse practice act and organizational policies.
- Administers medications in accordance with organization's policies.
- Report data to assist in the identification of problems and formulation of goals/outcomes and patient-centered plans of care in collaboration with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team.
- Communicates and collaborates with patients, their families, and the interdisciplinary health care team to assist in the planning, delivery, and coordination of patient-centered care.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Adheres to required infection control, isolation procedures, and aseptic techniques in the delivery of patient care
- Maintains patient privacy and confidentiality of information and records at all times
Other Job Functions
- Attend staff meetings or other company sponsored or mandated meetings as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Apply on company website