Discover your Purpose!
The Welstone, a Discovery Senior Living community is growing, thriving and has meaningful job opportunities available in a safe and supportive work environment.
We provide on the job training with no experience required for most positions.
We offer rewarding career opportunities that include:
- Competitive wages
- Access to wages before payday
- Flexible scheduling options with full-time and part-time hours
- Paid time off and Holidays (full-time)
- Full benefit package including health, dental, vision and more (full-time)
- 401(K) with employer matching
- Paid training
- Opportunities for advancement
- Meals and uniforms
Kitchen Housekeeper Responsibilities:
- Performs cleaning duties according to schedule (daily, weekly, monthly) in assigned areas such as Kitchen and Dining Area.
- Sweeps, dusts, dust mops, and wet mops all floors and walls in kitchen; spot cleans and vacuums floors, rugs, carpets and runners. Rotates runners in hallways and entryways.
- Cleans, sanitizes, and polishes kitchen area, stocks supplies, etc.
- Scrubs floors, food prep areas, walls, kitchen.
- Maintains equipment and materials needed to perform work in a clean and orderly condition.
- Collects trash and refuse from work areas and places in designated pick-up areas.
- Responsible for maintaining the commercial equipment cleanliness.
- Ensures cleaning chemicals are kept stored and locked when not in use.
- Ensures any cords, carts, equipment and other hazards are kept out of the way at all times, not blocking exits and in compliance with fire codes.
- Reports any needed repairs and supply and equipment needs to the Culinary Director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Previous housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively speaking the primary language of the residents.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Must demonstrate an interest in working with a senior population.
- Interacts with guests, residents, and staff in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Team Member is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
- Team Member is frequently required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit.
- Team Member must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and color vision.
In addition to a rewarding career and competitive salary, Discovery offers a comprehensive benefit package.
Eligible team members are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, paid time off and paid holidays. Team members are eligible to participate in our outstanding 401(k) plan with company match our Employee Assistance Program and accident insurance policies.
If having a direct impact on the lives of others is appealing to you, apply today and join our team!
Apply on company website