SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you have the career opportunities you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the nation's largest provider of healthcare services as a PRN Patient Care Technician.
As a PRN employee you'll enjoy:
- Flexible scheduling
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with employer match
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Additionally, you will have a great opportunity for growth as you'll be joining one of the largest and most successful hospital organizations in the world.
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to be a part of our Burn Unit department team. Join us in our efforts to better our community!
As a PCT in our department, you will deliver high-quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of important patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily listing. Under supervision of the RN, you will assist the nursing staff in providing patient care with your skills and training and in accordance with the needs of our department. The Patient Care Technician will consistently assist the patient care team by maintaining a clean, well-organized and safe patient care environment.
What you will do in this role:
- You will obtain vital signs, height and weight, intake and output, calorie counts, application of ice/heat, and/or simple non-sterile dressing changes.
- You will answer patient call lights in a timely manner and respond to patient needs/requests.
- You will assist patients with performing activities of daily living to include bathing, shaving, oral care, toileting, grooming, changing linens, providing water, ambulating, assisting with meal delivery and feeding as directed.
- You will be responsible for safe patient handling: Turning and positioning, use of specialty beds, patient transfer and use of transfer devices, ambulation assistance and use of assistive devices, restraint alternatives, oxygen use and transport, suction use, pre-operative skin preparation and/or use of sequential compression devices (SCD).
- You will be responsible for recording information in the patient's medical records
- You will maintain close communication with physicians, nurses and other healthcare team members regarding changes in a patient's care and condition.
- You will be responsible for educating patients and families on the care and therapies being provided, in conjunction with physicians and nurses.
- You will monitor supply levels in your unit and patient rooms and restock as needed.
What qualifications you will need:
- Licensed as a CNA in this state OR be currently enrolled in a nursing program at an accredited school, having completed the Fundamentals of Nursing Course.
- A current American Heart Association (AHA) or American Red Cross Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider is required.
- 1 year of acute/hospital experience is preferred.
Doctors Hospital of Augusta is a 350+ bed HCA Healthcare facility located near the Georgia-South Carolina state border. Doctors Hospital is well known for its Joseph M. Still Burn Center, the largest burn center in the country, which sees more than 3,000 patients annually. In addition, the burn center was granted a special burn designation as part of the Georgia Trauma Care Network. This designation included a rigorous review program administered by the American Burn Association (ABA) and the American College of Surgeons (ACA). Doctors Hospital is certified as a Primary Stroke Center, as well as an accredited Chest Pain Center and is designated a Center of Excellence in Women's Health Surgery. At Doctors Hospital, we have a highly trained team to care for serious emergencies. As an ACS Verified Level II Trauma Center, our ER team is ready 24-hour a day to take care of critically ill or injured patients. Fully-staffed 24/7 with board-certified trauma surgeons and a team of experienced professionals, life-saving surgery is available within minutes of arrival. Patients are cared for in two dedicated trauma bays in our Emergency Department.
HCA Healthcare, the parent company of Doctors Hospital of Augusta, has been continually named a World's Most Ethical Company by Ethisphere Institute since 2010. In 2018, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are a family 270,000 strong! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications immediately. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website