Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,500 stores in 46 states as of May 1, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Approves distribution center invoices and maintains records.
- Prepares weekly and monthly reports for the distribution center, TMF and Fleet Division
- Prepares all correspondence for TMF Manager, stamps and sorts outgoing mail.
- Performs weekly payroll function for TMF employees including entering hourly payroll, preparing and maintaining time and attendance system for payroll processing, and sorting and distributing paychecks; acts as liaison between distribution center Administrative Assistant and Corporate payroll office.
- Maintains confidential facility and personnel information..
- Manages supply inventory and ordering process for administrative supplies.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Basic math and reading skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate several tasks at once.
- Intermediate computer skills; ability to use software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and payroll/personnel systems such as Kronos and Lawson.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION
- Two years experience as an administrative assistant preferred.
- Experience in automated retail distribution center and/or familiarity with distribution systems preferred.
Apply on company website