Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Ensures all machines and equipment are in working order.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Troubleshoots and repairs lift trucks, pallet jacks and cat fork trucks: hydraulics; motor and drive unit replacement; tire and wheel replacement load position; basic programming for access 1 modules on rolling stock; change tanks, forks, and peddles; repair/replace cylinders.
- Troubleshoots and repairs conveyor system: repair electrical and mechanical components; may troubleshoot Graphical Monitoring System (GMS); troubleshoots and repairs sortview controller, programmable logic controllers or RTS (pick-to-light system); fabricates machine parts unavailable for purchase.
- Performs preventative maintenance.
- Operates equipment battery change equipment.
- Performs routine maintenance on building such as minor plumbing and electrical repairs (i.e., change light bulbs).
- Repairs racking.
- May operate scrubber/sweeper machine.
- Meets and maintains safety, quality and productivity standards.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Ability to operate: band saws, drill presses, hand tools, vises, clamps, gear pullers, bearing pullers, lathes, volt amp meters, calipers and rolling stock equipment.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Good math and computer skills.
- Competency to operate computers for sortview, RTC, HSM, VFD, and RTS systems.
- Basic communication skills.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Fluency in Electricity 1 (Basic) and Electricity IV – motor controls and AC / DC Electrical Controls.
WORKING CONDITIONS and PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Conducts some repairs in odd positions and/or confined or close spaces.
- Work is performed under changing climatic conditions and extreme heat and cold.
- Walking long distances; sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Bending, stooping, squatting, or kneeling on a repetitious basis.
- Fast-paced environment.
- Exposure to noise and heights.
- Fast-paced environment.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website