Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day.® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46 states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Provides the tools and skills necessary to implement the Development Review Process for employees. Assists employees with career development. Coordinates the orientation and training processes for new or promoted distribution center employees.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manages the distribution center hourly employee training process, evaluation, and development of trainers.
- Coordinates distribution center orientation process.
- Coordinates new process and new technology training in conjunction with Performance Improvement process.
- Redesigns and monitors the supervisory development process by improving the selection of mentors, and developing standards and monitoring the progress of candidates.
- Teaches managers to develop leadership skills in supervisors; trains supervisors in employee evaluation and development.
- May teach managers and supervisors performance management skills.
- Assists management team determine individual career development.
- Assists distribution center management with organizational development plans.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Thorough working knowledge of distribution center.
- Ability to evaluate training duration necessary for competency on the job.
- Understanding of training design and needs analysis.
- Understanding of performance development, team development, and leadership development processes; demonstrated developmental approach to leadership.
- Ability to evaluate supervisory and management employees for leadership potential.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to use personal computer for tracking and updating training events and programs.
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Bachelor's degree in education or human resource development preferred.
- Two to four years' experience in employee training and development or in a human resources position with an employee development emphasis.
- Most of work is conducted in an office setting; however, some movement is necessary within the distribution center.
Apply on company website