At Dollar General, our customer is at the center of everything we do! We are a fast-moving Fortune 200 publicly-traded company with more than 16,000 stores and 17 distribution centers in 44 states, growing by hundreds of stores each year. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation and teamwork. At Dollar General, you can see a clear and fast path to career growth and success. We are committed to attracting talented and motivated people who can advance our mission of "Serving Others." Let's Grow Together!
Supervises the timely receipt, stocking, order filling, or shipment of merchandise. May supervise employees who operate rolling stock equipment and/or automated equipment.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reviews WMS reports; notifies WMS personnel regarding shutdowns or other WMS failures.
- Utilizes Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems; communicates issues to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Reviews reports to determine daily department staffing levels; reviews staffing plan with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Develops continuity in utilization of Labor Transfer pay program.
- Conducts weekly and monthly staffing review with Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Partners with Training Department to monitor new employee development tracking.
- Plans daily production goals.
- Utilizes Productivity Improvement Plan process to identify improvement areas.
- Reviews quality measurements and reports status to Inbound/Outbound Manager.
- Maintains employee records on a daily basis.
- Supports safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries.
- Conducts annual employee reviews and merit increase evaluations.
- Interviews and selects candidates for employment in partnership with Human Resources department.
- Performs counseling sessions and is empowered to dismiss employees in applicable situations.
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Understanding of inventory accounting.
- Knowledge of specific inbound or outbound functions within the distribution center.
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated skills necessary to assist employees in conflict resolution and one-to-one communication.
- Good oral and written communication skills to include interviewing skills.
- Computer skills: warehouse management systems, Word, Excel, and payroll/personnel systems such as KRONOS.
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- Automated distribution center experience preferred.
- Two or more years of supervisory experience.
- Warehouse Management System (WMS) experience preferred.
- Must be able to physically move throughout the distribution center to monitor the flow of merchandise.
- Exposure to changing climatic conditions.
- Exposure to dust, lighting and noise.
- Some heavy lifting, bending, stooping, squatting, and kneeling may be required to assist employees when necessary.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website