Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Provides prompt thought leadership and strategic guidance to Operational and HR business partners with regard to the company's labor relations programs, policies, and procedures. Partners with the Sr. Director of Labor Relations in the management and execution of the company's labor relations strategy while ensuring compliance with federal, state and local employment laws.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Respond, evaluate and resolve emerging labor issues promptly, appropriately and consistently without compromising larger labor strategy to create leverage and influence outcomes.
- Assist with the implementation of strategies regarding positive labor relations and union awareness including appropriate Company responses to union campaigns, monitoring site vulnerability, response strategies, legal position, and policy review.
- Research, compile and prepare Labor Strategy reports on labor/employee relations activities, with thorough analysis and summary of data and trends.
- Proactively manage operational issues with labor implications by providing thorough training to business partners as it relates to the company's labor relations strategy.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels within and outside of the organization
- Extensive knowledge of state, federal and local employment laws including but not limited to Title VII, ADA, FMLA, and ADEA
- Strong problem solving skills, utilizing technical expertise and good business judgment in support of operational and strategic objectives
- Ability to gather, analyze, and synthesize information and data from multiple sources and summarize findings concisely and clearly
- Ability to represent the company effectively during bargaining sessions, grievance sessions, arbitration and administrative proceedings.
- Ability to travel
Work experience and/or Education:
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of human resources and/or labor relations experience required.
Apply on company website