Dollar General Corporation has been delivering value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day!® by offering products that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks, health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel, housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 16,979 stores in 46 states as of October 30, 2020. In addition to high-quality private brands, Dollar General sells products from America's most-trusted manufacturers such as Clorox, Energizer, Procter & Gamble, Hanes, Coca-Cola, Mars, Unilever, Nestle, Kimberly-Clark, Kellogg's, General Mills, and PepsiCo. Learn more about Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.
Under general supervision, manages the Perishable Departments including, Produce, Fresh Meat, Packaged Meats, and Dairy, Frozen Food, Bread, and Thaw and Sell Bakery products. Ensure efficient and effective inventory management, appealing and profitable merchandise presentation and quality customer service. Ensure a safe working environment and provide protection for company assets according to required procedures. Ensure staff and store compliance with all food handling rules and regulations. Provides support to other managers as requested.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
While responsibilities include Perishable Departments and processes, the Perishable Managers specialized areas include:
- Maintain correct perishable stock levels based on store volume using the following tools
- Current Ads / Planners
- Produce Order guide
- Fresh Meat Recap and Order Guide
- Milk Sales history and order guide
- Nash-Finch Order Guide
- Bread order planning and stales recap
- Assist in training assigned associates in the proper presentation, freshness and pricing standards for all perishable areas.
- Assist in training assigned associates in the proper and safe handling of food in compliance with rules and regulations.
- Assist in training assigned associates in the proper execution of hourly recovery standards to model store standards.
- Train assigned associates in the proper stocking and rotation of Perishable products.
- Assist Store Manager and Assistant Store Manager in ensuring adequate scheduling coverage. Assess work completion and follow up with associates regarding performance.
- Record Perishable Markdowns, while analyzing causes and taking corrective action to prevent recurrences.
- Train assigned associates in the proper grading and re-packaging standards in produce to minimize MD's.
- Accurately record inventory levels as requested by the Store Support Center.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with sanitation standards and training associates assigned in the Perishable departments using the Cleaning Schedule.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
- Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier accountability and deposit control.
- Ability to perform cash register functions.
- Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and practices.
- Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication skills.
- Understanding of safety policies and practices.
- Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise presentation guidance.
- Knowledge of and willingness to comply with company policies and procedures as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and company communications.
- Ability and willingness to obtain required certifications in food handling.
Work Experience &/or Education:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Two to three years of retail clerk experience.
- Previous lead experience and/or grocery store experience preferred.
- Attainment of required local and state food handling certifications, if applicable.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website