The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
LOCATION: NEW MILFORD, PA
This individual will apply pipeline operational knowledge and experience to serve as the representative and oversee the Company's Operator Qualification (OQ) and Training program. The individual will be capable of independent decision making on OQ and Training issues for the Company and represents the Company on OQ issues. Will consult with DTE Midstream's Operations, Engineering, and Pipeline Construction department(s) to resolve important OQ related questions and concerns.
This position is based in New Milford, Pennsylvania but will have responsibility for assets within DTE Midstream's project area, which currently includes PA, NY, OH and WV. Approximately 30% to 50% travel is expected.Key Accountabilities
- Serves as DTE Midstream's Operator Qualification Program Administrator
- Participates in the maintenance and review of the Operator Qualification Program and Operations and Maintenance Plan
- Inputs records, maintains and manages employee and contractor OQ database using 3rd party interface such as Veriforce, etc
- Coordinates with Operations and Construction groups to identify and set up contractors that need to be included in the OQ database and communicates with contractors to address expiring qualifications
- Manages the covered task list in accordance with the pipeline safety regulations
- Defines the training and qualification requirements for personnel performing covered tasks
- Responsible for examining qualification data related to the DTE Midstream Qualification Program
- Interfaces with all levels of the organization in various departments concerning the Qualification Program
- Conducts, coordinates and develops / revises evaluator training associated with Operator Qualification Program
- Responsible for and oversees documenting the operation employee's regulatory and non-regulatory qualifications
- Ensures contractor's Drug & Alcohol statistics are input into 3rd party interface such as Veriforce for reporting purposes
- Evaluates current internal and external training courses and makes recommendations and improvements as it relates to the DTE Midstream OQ Program
- Facilitates the development and maintenance of the job performance requirements, performance criteria and abnormal operating conditions as defined by the DTE Midstream Qualification Program
- Responsible for the recordkeeping requirements of the Program and development of technical training
- Coordinates with Operations and suppliers to obtain training on new products/equipment
- Works with other industrial leaders and associations in developing course curriculum and web-based training modules
- Works with the Contract Management team to ensure that Contractors can meet the requirements of the OQ Program and Company operating procedures, including safety requirements
- Performs evaluations on contractors to ensure compliance with the OQ Program
- Special projects or other duties as assigned
- A minimum of HS Diploma or GED equivalent is required; Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a technical or business focus is preferred
- Must have a minimum of 3 years of natural gas operations, maintenance or support experience
- Must have and maintain a valid driver's license
- Knowledge of DOT Operator Qualification Program
- Thorough knowledge of natural gas pipeline operations
- Experience in training and development
- Working knowledge of 49 CFR Part 192 is preferred
- Good organizational skills with flexibility to handle multiple projects and to prioritize assignments in a fast-paced, changing work environment is required
- Strong presentation skills; excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical ability as well as experience interfacing effectively with vendors, contractors and company employees
- Technical and interpersonal skills with the ability to analyze various aspects of operations (i.e., technical, contractual and financial)
- Strong computer skills; proficient with word processing and spreadsheets and presentation software
- Ability to work / interact closely with work teams; field operations, engineering and management
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to travel to field locations as required and to conduct field evaluations/inspections in a pipeline right-of-way environment and/or all weather conditions
- Ability to perform job duties with minimal supervision
The physical demands characterized in the attached essential and marginal job functions epitomize those that must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please see the attached essential and marginal job functions (general office) for this position.
The employee primary performs job duties in a climate controlled office environment, with a moderate noise level and occasionally in the field. In the course of any field work, the employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including cold, wet, and/or humid conditions.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website