The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 different states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for consecutive years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Testing Required: Not Applicable
- Entry level engineer responsible for routine, technical work. Requires standard application of engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria. Technical assignments are in the form of design, problem solving, and technical support for the optimum operation and maintenance of company assets. Participates on teams of field employees, technicians, engineers and other personnel.
- Performs routine engineering assignments by following defined processes, procedures, and instructions.
- Works under and/or seeks guidance of experienced professionals to recommend and implement timely solutions involving routine engineering, design, operation, maintenance of company assets and market optimization.
- Collaborates with more experienced engineers to provide follow-up and engineering assistance on defined problems within time and budget constraints.
- Uses engineering skills and techniques to develop models and analyze data in order to recommend solutions and/or improvements in processes and programs.
- May provide field engineering assistance or technical support.
- Keeps up to date on current technology and market changes.
Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology. Individuals who will be obtaining their degree within nine months from submitting interest will be considered; however, verification of the degree will be required prior to starting in the job.Other Qualifications
- Some experience through internships
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, primarily Excel and Word
- Basic analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong time management, prioritization, and organization skills
- Proficient communication and interpersonal skills
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the activities and accountabilities, and utilize a variety of the competencies cited in this description depending upon the organization and role to which they are assigned. This description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by incumbents in this job. It is not intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the rights of supervisors or management representatives to assign, direct and control the work of employees under their supervision.
Apply on company website