The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable power development.
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for significant growth. We look forward to working with highly motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
* Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
* Indeed's annual “50 Best Places to Work” award for two years running
* Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work For
* J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
* Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal “Best of the Best”
* Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
* Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
* Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
- Supervises employees responsible for day-to-day planning and execution of construction projects performed by company and contractor personnel. Responsible for ensuring projects are planned and built in accordance with company standards, specifications, schedules and requirements, and yield maximum Return on Investment (ROI). Oversees construction permitting activities. Interfaces with company and contractor staff to ensure the optimal allocation of support resources. Works with construction planning personnel to ensure that projects are prioritized and planned in accordance with mutually agreed upon construction schedules. Leads continuous improvement (CI) commitment and systematic CI efforts for a given group(s).
- Ensures that contractors build facilities in accordance with company standards and procedures, and maintain appropriate crew operator qualification standards.
- Oversees construction schedules and coordinates construction activities with other appropriate areas.
- Ensures that construction action plans are kept up-to-date and communicated to the organization for prioritization of workload.
- Resolves escalated construction project concerns and works with appropriate parties (contractors, customers, agencies, etc.) to determine project and scheduling solutions.
- Responsible for review of as built drawings before payment to contractor is approved.
- Works with the construction planning group on technical designs and cost effective installations.
- Applies and works with new construction materials, practices and technologies (as deemed appropriate for the given project(s).
- Identifies and implements process and procedure changes related to customer- and company-generated processes that result in increased efficiencies.
- Monitors workload of staff to ensure that activities are being planned in accordance with their priority.
- Monitors staff productivity; implements workload adjustments if standards are not being met.
- Ensures that resources and workloads are balanced, ensuring that projects are appropriately planned, prioritized and executed.
- Acts as a liaison between union and management and ensures consistent application of the Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA).
- Guides the continuous improvement commitment & efforts for a given group(s): designing processes; establishing quality/quantity standards & metrics; collecting, refining, adapting & communicating best practices; sharing knowledge and developing staff in a systematic fashion. Uses process design outcomes to solve problems
- May assume responsibility as key tag protection leader and/or job leader per applicable corporate policy.
- Performs or ensures the accomplishment of the following core supervisory/management functions for a given group(s): planning, organizing, directing the performance of ongoing activities, special and/or ad hoc assignments, staffing (employee selection, training/coaching & performance management), time entry, coordinating, reporting & budgeting.
- High school graduation or GED, & the knowledge / capabilities typically acquired through 3 plus years of job relevant experience.
- Associate's degree or certificate in engineering, construction management, or other job relevant discipline.
- Bachelor's degree in construction management is also preferable.
- Priorty given to individuals with 3 - 5 years of natural gas facility construction experience.
- Three plus years supervisory experience preferred.
- Proficiency in applicable software applications (e.g Microsoft Office, Maximo) to apply them with minimal instruction or guidance (this level of proficiency is typically attainable through 1 plus year(s) of substantive application experience.
- Experience managing multiple projects and dealing with customers.
- Communicates effectively (verbally & in writing) with individuals at all levels, inside and outside the company.
- Analytical & problem solving skills consistent with the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of alternatives, and recommend optimal solutions for various situations.
- Thorough knowledge of project management concepts and processes, and project controls related to design, procurement and construction management.
- Ability to apply project planning & implementation and/or continuous improvement principles (typically acquired through several years of experience in these areas) to affect tangible, positive outcomes.
- Deals effectively with resistance; takes positive steps to avoid the recurrence of errors through constructive critique.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.
Apply on company website