Do you want to join an organization that invests in you? At Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center, you come first! HCA Healthcare is committed to the growth and development of our future nurses!
The HCA Healthcare StaRN Residency Program is a year-long program designed to give you hands-on experience to help establish valuable clinical and critical thinking skills. As a Resident I Graduate Nurse you will be surrounded by a supportive community of nurse educators, experienced nurses, and fellow residents that promote learning, clinical application, and socialization, shepherding you through the transition from student nurse to registered nurse.
We offer a total rewards package to support your health, life, career and retirement. Some available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive benefits for medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, behavioral health and telemedicine services
- Wellbeing support, including free counseling and referral services
- Time away from work programs for paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence
- Savings and retirement resources, including a 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, flexible spending accounts, preferred banking partnerships, retirement readiness tools, rollover support and financial wellbeing counseling
- Education support through tuition assistance, student loan assistance, certification support, dependent scholarships and a partnership with Galen College of Nursing
- Additional benefits for fertility and family building, adoption assistance, life insurance, supplemental health protection plans, auto and home insurance, legal counseling, identity theft protection and consumer discounts
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for some benefits may vary by location.
Job Summary and Qualifications
The StaRN Residency Program at Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center provides you with the tools necessary to succeed in today's hospital environment. This paid program will assist you with the transition out of the classroom setting through a formalized series of learning experiences, including:
- Advanced clinical training in a specialty area.
- Monthly educational sessions.
- Preceptorship training with a facility preceptor.
- Measurement and evaluation of skills through hands-on simulations.
- Mentoring from experienced nurse leaders.
- Working collaboratively on an evidence-based practice project.
We are currently hiring for positions on our Med Surg Units. Our residency program begins June 5, 2023
The RN Resident coordinates and delivers high quality, patient-centered care in accordance with the nature and specific requirements of the department, and consistent with the scope and standards of practice for the relevant state and specialty. In collaboration with medical providers and other members of the care team, the RN Resident provides individualized, comprehensive, and compassionate care using established nursing models such as “Assess, Perform, Teach, and Manage.” The RN Resident serves as an advocate for patients, families and caregivers to support an unparalleled patient experience.
What will you do in this role:
- Assess patient condition during admission and during each shift as scheduled, identifying and reporting any changes in patient status.
- Perform procedures, monitoring, or other functions as ordered by the medical provider(s). Document the administration of care in the patient medical record in a timely and thorough manner.
- Perform the administration of prescribed medications. Monitor patient for therapeutic response. Notify provider and intervene as appropriate in the event of an unintended response to medication.
- Perform exceptional care by responding promptly to patient requests. Strive to anticipate patient needs and resolve them proactively.
- Teach patients, families and caregivers about patient medical condition, patient status, treatment plan, medications and possible side effects, and follow-up measures. Translates complex medical terminology to ensure complete understanding.
What qualifications you will need:
- Associate or Bachelor's degree in Nursing upon start of the program
- Registered Nurse License or Graduate Nurse in the State within 90 days of hire
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center (EIRMC) is a full-service hospital with 318+ patient beds. Our hospital is the largest medical facility in the region. We serve southeast Idaho, western Wyoming, Yellowstone National Park, and parts of Montana. Our facility has an ER, a Level II Trauma Center, a Level 1 ICU (one of two in Idaho), and the only Burn Center in the state of Idaho. We have the region's only Pediatric Intensive Care Unit for critically ill children. Our 74-bed Behavioral Health Center offers inpatient and outpatient mental health care for adolescents and adults.
We are part of the HCA Healthcare network - which includes more than 300 affiliate facilities across the country – offering our colleagues the opportunity for travel and relocation. HCA Healthcare and EIRMC are all about caring for people. This care extends to patients, families, and colleagues.
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"Bricks and mortar do not make a hospital. People do."
- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Eastern Idaho Regional Medical Center family! We will provide you with the tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. If you are looking for an opportunity that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we promptly review all applications. Unlock the possibilities and apply today!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website