JOB PURPOSE: Reporting to the Corporate Accounting Supervisor or Manager, the Corporate Staff Accountant is responsible for compiling financial information and performing accounting functions for Charter Schools USA and/or subsidiaries within established deadlines. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs bank reconciliations.
- Prepares and posts journal entries.
- Performs balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Create and update Excel worksheets as part of the ledger reconciliations, using advanced Excel features.
- Generates monthly/quarterly/annual financial statements for several subsidiaries.
- Work closely with independent auditors during the annual financial audit by providing supporting documentation, providing explanations of transactions and processes, and providing any information requested.
- Interacts with various departments to obtain current information.
- Reviews documents to ensure that all transactions are recorded correctly and timely.
- Review weekly AP check disbursements
- Assists with budget/forecast preparation
- AD Hoc projects or reporting as needed
- Related experience in various industries.
- Exposure to GAAP rules.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports company's goals and strategic priorities.
- Works and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization; relates to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Demonstrates ability to organize, prioritize and manage multiple priorities.
- Prepares and analyzes complex financial reports, including writing report sections, integrating content, and formatting business documents.
- Establishes a set of operating principles and routines; driving projects to completion, while insisting on highest level of quality.
- Ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
- Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Strives to research, evaluate and implement best practices.
- Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: being courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
- Demonstrates excellent oral (including presentations), written, interpersonal (active listening), skills and ability in negotiating and influencing; great phone etiquette.
- Good knowledge of company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates knowledge of federal, state, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Accounting or related field.
- 2-5 years related experience.
- Computer Basics – MS Windows (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Skilled in Excel at the intermediate/advanced level
- Familiar with Solomon accounting software a plus
- Commitment to company values.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.
- Usual office working conditions.
- No physical exertion required.
- Travel within or outside of state.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
Job is exempt (salary) from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.EVALUATION Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's policy. DECLARATION The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
Apply on company website