Customer Service Manager
First things First: Who are we?
Twice the size of our next largest competitor, First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry's strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services including full-service transportation and management, special-needs transportation, route optimization and scheduling, maintenance, and charter services for 1,100 school district contracts.
The Customer Service Manager interacts with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests about services.
- Deals directly with customers either by telephone, electronically, or face-to-face.
- Responds promptly to customer inquiries.
- Resolves customer complaints and puts measures in place to improve.
- Assists with administrative tasks including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, billing, and scheduling responsibilities.
- Identifies and escalates priority issues, takes corrective actions.
- Obtains and evaluates all relevant information to handle investigations and complaints.
- Directs requests and unresolved issues to the designated resources.
- Follows up with customer calls where necessary.
- Records details of inquiries, comments, and complaints.
- Interfaces with customers in the field to engage the community.
- Communicates and coordinates with internal departments to create efficient operations.
- Interfaces with the client to convey challenges and successes.
Minimum Education & Certifications Required:
- High school diploma, general education degree or equivalent.
Experience & Skills Required:
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices, transportation experience preferred.
- Knowledge of relevant computer applications, Trapeze preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
- Sound business judgement.
- Knowledge of administrative procedures.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written along with interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to meet goals.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Adaptability within a fast paced environment.
- Stress tolerance.
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Student or First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Student, First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
About First Student, Inc. & First Transit
First Student, Inc. & First Transit is the largest passenger transportation company in North America, we provide passenger transport and maintenance services to municipalities, school districts and the general public in the U.S. and Canada. Our 4.8 billion operation is headquartered in Cincinnati, OH and employs more than 96,000 employees at 1,200 locations in 38 states and 7 Canadian provinces.
Apply today and get your career on the road with First Student!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website