Now Hiring a Dispatcher
At First Student, our Dispatchers are a constant reflection of our company's commitment to safety and customer service. The Dispatcher is responsible for dispatching all buses, ensuring on-time performance of routes, and counseling drivers and monitors on front line.
At First Student, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Positive and rewarding work environment
- Oversees all routes and scheduling of buses
- Counsels and coaches drivers and monitors
- Handles heavy phone and radio traffic
- Takes all scheduling and driver complaints, report to Operations Supervisor/Contract Manager
- Serves as primary communication liaison with major contracted customer
- May handle charter reservations, billing, or driver payroll
- Provides solutions to drop-off and pick-up problems
- Handle back-up driver duties or perform miscellaneous clerical duties as needed
- Completes assignment of special projects
- Assists with supervision of day-to-day operations
Dispatcher Experience and Skills Required:
- 3-5 years experience
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic knowledge of radio dispatch equipment
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Ability to deliver under time constraints and deadlines
- Previous terminal operations, dispatch, or driver experience
- Computer literate
First Student's commitment to putting our customers first, dedication to safety, and an ambition to deliver dependable transportation makes for a working environment you'll love. As a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you'll also enjoy security, a brilliant future, and excellent training.
Apply today to join our team!
First Student is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status
Apply on company website