Now Hiring for an Payroll Clerk in Stamford, CT
At First Student, Payroll Clerks assist the Location Manager in all aspects of the daily accounting function and are responsible for Payroll, AP, AR and HR at site.
As an Payroll Clerk, your major responsibilities will be to:
- Processes all driver and staff payroll for the location on a weekly basis meeting daily, weekly and monthly deadlines.
- Produce proofs, and types payrolls and other financial reports; makes routine cost distributions; posts subject accounts
- Prepares and posts accounting documents, such as fees, receipts, invoices, requisitions, vouchers, expense accounts, and related operating reports
- Posts requisitions, receipts, and disbursements information to appropriate ledgers or journals
- Receives and counts cash; maintains cash book or other control record
- Generates invoices and handles collections of unpaid balances
- Files and maintains clerical records and reports pertinent information to accounting and bookkeeping or technical operations
- Prepares and mails bills or statements, prepares lists of outstanding bills payable
- May audit and proof accounting or other reports for clerical accuracy and conformance to departmental, county, and state procedures
- May perform secretarial functions as needed for assigned staff members
- Assists in balancing accounts by running tapes, proofreading, etc; prepares summary of balances, cost information, or other reports as requested for supervisor's use in preparing financial statements
- Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements of an Payroll Clerk:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Capability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions of legal or technical nature
- Ability to perform a volume of numerical detail work with speed and accuracy
- Knowledge of bookkeeping theories and practices
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Acute attention to detail
- Able to work well alone and as part of a team
- Computer literacy and able to learn new things quickly
- At least 3 years experience in Payroll as the primary
- At least 1 year experience in bookkeeping, accounting, or secretarial assignments
- May require potential to type at least 40 words per minute with high accuracy
And, because we're a huge company with 120,000 staff and over 2.5 billion customers worldwide, you'll also enjoy real security, a brilliant future, and fantastic training.
Apply today to become a part of our team!
Equal Opportunity Employer
FirstGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. FirstGroup is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, FirstGroup will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance.
Apply on company website