$4,000 sign-on bonus for fully credentialed driver (CDL W/Airbrakes)*
$1,500 sign-on bonus for non-CDL holders*
Have you considered being a Bus Driver in your community? Now's your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit Drivers provide transportation via River Valley Metro within our local communities. Each day our drivers transport individuals who rely on our service to doctors' appointments, work, grocery stores, and much, much more! As a Bus Driver, you would provide our clients with the freedom and independence of reliable, safe transportation. If you love helping people and driving – come work for us!
That is exactly why our drivers say this is the “lots of-freedom, life-changing, love-what-you-do” line of work!
We are proud to offer these great benefits to our drivers:
- Attractive benefits package, including 401(k) with company contribution, medical, dental, and vision
- Paid time off & vacation
- Paid holidays
- Cutting edge paid training (We will help you obtain your CDL)
- Tuition Assistance Program - DeVry University
- Flexible schedule
- Year-round work
- Freedom of being out on the open road (No desk work!)
- Making a real difference in the lives of the passengers you serve
You'll be responsible for:
- Safely transporting passengers in a safe, courteous, and reliable manner throughout the service area
- Assisting in the boarding of passengers using wheelchairs or other mobility aids and properly secure wheelchairs and scooters
We want you to drive with us if you:
- Are at least 21 years old
- Have held a valid license for the last three years
- Have excellent verbal communication & customer service skills
- Subject to DOT drug testing. DOT Regulation 49 CFR Part 40 does not authorize the use of Schedule I drugs, including marijuana, for any reason.
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering - That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
*Offer ends 3.31.2023; See location for details!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website