Are you interested in becoming a Dispatch/Road Supervisor? Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit is looking for a Dispatch/ Road Supervisor in Knoxville, Tennessee. Our road supervisors are an integral part of daily operations. Dispatch/ Road Supervisors assure all routes are completed in compliance with safety procedures. This position also monitors and coaches bus drivers. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is why our employees call this the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
Our Road Supervisors will enjoy:
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- A comprehensive benefits package with paid holidays & vacation, medical, vision, and dental coverage, and 401(k) savings plan
Our Dispatch/ Road Supervisors are responsible for:
- Communicates job requirements and responsibilities to drivers.
- Takes responsibility for day to day scheduling, counseling and evaluation reports to local management.
- Conducts on-the-scene accident investigation; assists drivers in preparing accident reports, OSHA reports and safety violations documents.
- Designs and delivers driver training and safety courses; trains new drivers and retrains those involved in accidents.
- Observes drivers on the road, and corrects safety problems on the scene while documenting violations.
- Liaisons between drivers and both clients and organization in customer service issues.
- Evaluates and monitors driver safety and performance, as well as compliance in legal, employment and labor policy matters.
- Assists Safety Manager with DOT/FTA compliance regarding drug testing and recordkeeping.
- Assists in dispatching, driving, interviewing, and miscellaneous clerical tasks as needed.
- Meets all driver qualifications at location.
- Obtains a CDL required to operate vehicles at location, maintains that license, and drives route periodically.
- Additional duties as assigned.
To qualify as a Dispatch/ Road Supervisor, you'll need:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to obtain a CDL license
- Supervisory experience with hourly employees, with 2-3 years of transit supervisory experience preferred
- Computer literate with working knowledge of Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Familiar with basic vehicle mechanical processes and maintenance
- Ability to effectively prioritize tasks and manage time effectively
- Excellent verbal, written and relational communication skills, with ability to appropriately interact with employees of all levels including drivers, customers, senior management, client representatives, union officials and general public; fluent in English
- Human resources and training experience
- Work extended hours regularly, including Saturday
- Demonstrate regular and consistent attendance and punctuality
- Possess working vehicle to travel with in service area as needed
- Essential Job Functions:
- Use of full ranges of hearing, speech and vision
- Use of fingers (manual dexterity) handling paperwork
- Stoop, crouch, squat or kneel when performing inspections of any type
- Bend at knee, hip, waist when performing duties
- Stand while performing inspections and platform training
- Be subject to wet, cold or hot environmental conditions
- Write reports in a coherent, legible way
First for a Reason
We offer competitive compensation and benefits (which vary based on role, location, and business), including physical and mental health initiatives, medical/dental/vision, 401(k), and paid holiday/vacation.
Diversity & Inclusion
Because we're stronger together, we aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We're committed to providing an inclusive and diverse working environment for everyone every day.
Start here. Go far. We believe in promoting from within, which means tremendous opportunities for you, thanks to our strong presence across North America. In addition, our 18-month Aspiring Manager Program prepares future leaders at First Transit.
Build skills and knowledge in such areas as safety and security, injury prevention, technology and equipment, and job efficiency.
Community Service & Impact
Go where opportunity meets community. Our customers are at the heart of everything we do. As the face of First Transit and First Vehicle Services in your community, you'll have a positive impact on others.
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website