Are you interested in becoming a Dispatcher?
Now is your chance! Get PAID to do what you love!
First Transit is looking for both Part-time and Full- Time Dispatchers for our Wilson County, North Carolina location! Our Dispatchers are an integral part of daily operations. Dispatchers assure all routes are filled as assigned and bus operators are provided with timely instructions and responses to requests for operational information throughout the day. This position also responds to customer and team inquiries. We hire individuals who make safety and customer service their top priorities. If you have the drive, confidence, and determination to succeed, First Transit is looking for you!
That is exactly why our employees say this is the “love-what-you-do” line of work!
At First Transit, we are proud to offer:
- Tremendous Career Advancement Opportunities due to a strong presence across North America
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, and 401(k) savings plan.
- Company training, paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days.
- Positive and rewarding work environment
- Works at the client dispatch center working directly with the client dispatch to help maintain customer schedules, resolve service issues, and provide excellent customer service
- Responds to customer inquiries and needs in a timely manner. Serves as intake person for customer complaints/commendations and sells bus passes
- Processes route openings, insertions, extensions and issue resolutions
- Schedules alternative rides for passengers
- Uses computer system to retrieve scheduled information. Uses reference material to quickly and accurately determine the best method to assist client.
- Provides excellent customer service to passengers
- Completes a variety of daily reports and clerical duties
- Answers and directs business calls to appropriate personnel
- Resolves problems by working with our client's dispatchers
- Provides bus schedule information to phone-in customers
Dispatcher Experience & Skills:
- 3-5 years of dispatch or scheduling experience
- Excellent phone demeanor and customer service skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal, judgment and problem solving abilities
- Has customer service experience
First Transit keeps people moving and communities prospering- That's why we need amazing people like YOU to APPLY NOW!
We aspire to have a culture where all people are First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive culture that supports future growth for all.
Apply on company website