At Flex, we welcome people of all backgrounds. Our employees thrive here by living our values: we support each other as we strive to find a better way, we move fast with discipline and purpose, and we do the right thing always.
Through a respectful, inclusive and collaborative culture, a career at Flex offers the opportunity to make a difference, invest in your career growth and join our purpose -- to make great products that create value and improve people's lives.Job Summary
The Director- Autonomous Vehicle Systems will be based in Michigan, US , Ontario, Canada or Stuttgart, Germany and will be responsible for leading Flex's technology development and project execution for Autonomous compute programs. You will interface with multiple internal and external customers while identifying requirements, technology and development activities for automotive domain controllers. You will provide technical leadership to develop internal roadmaps, engage potential customers, and propose technical solutions to win OEM business worldwide. Your direction and oversight will extend into Flex's worldwide design center teams as they onboard, develop and deploy ADAS and Autonomous compute solutions to mass production. This position requires and experiences professional with a background in automotive ECU electronics design from OEMs or Tier 1 and have a track record of successfully launching new automotive ADAS and AD computing systems into production
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Lead the design and development of Flex's computing platform
- Oversee and advise on the deployment of Flex's computing platform into production
- Define ADAS business and technical development strategies for customer engagement
- Develop technical roadmaps for internal engineering development
- Work with key technology providers to understand leading edge solutions and develop strategic partnerships
- Provide technical leadership in customer engagements
- Provide technical leadership for internal design teams performing ADAS development
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- A minimum bachelor's degree in a related Engineering discipline
- Design experience of in vehicle CPU/GPU computing platforms
- Strong knowledge of state-of-the-art computing system and interfaces required for sensors, actuators, firmware development, in vehicle bus architectures
- Knowledge of applicable safety standards including ISO, IEC, ASPICE and others
- A track record of bringing automotive computing platform electronics design into production
- Demonstrated experience developing engineering proposals for customer sales engagements
- Ability to travel internationally
- High level of oral, written and interpersonal skills to work effectively with customers and others
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Understanding and experience of ADAS vehicle integration and testing.
- Understanding and experience in Functional Safety aspects of ADAS.
- Exposure to multiple OEMs in an Engineering or Sales role
#LI-DAGJob Category Design, Process & Technology Engineering
Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. We celebrate diversity and do not discriminate based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law. We're happy to provide reasonable accommodations to those with a disability for assistance in the recruitment process. Please advise us of any accommodations you may need by e-mailing: email@example.com.
Apply on company website