Founded in 2013, NEXTracker operates as an independent subsidiary of Flex, a leading Sketch-to-Scale™ solutions company that designs and builds intelligent products for a connected world. Delivering smart PV, energy storage and asset management solutions on over 400 solar power plants across five continents, NEXTracker is an established leader in the ground mount solar and storage industries. With 12 gigawatts of solar trackers delivered or under fulfillment, NEXTracker has held the #1 global market share position for solar trackers for three consecutive years (Greentech Media, IHS Markit, 2015, 2016, 2017).
NEXTracker designs and manufactures industry-leading solar and storage systems that dramatically improve and scale the economics of renewable energy. Customers range from behind the meter C&I projects with Fortune 500 companies like PepsiCo and L'Oreal to massive utility-scale customers such as DE Shaw, Swinerton Renewable Energy and Enel Green Power, across domestic and international markets. Join a market leader that values our talent, service excellence and innovation as core to our business growth and culture. With one of the most experienced management teams in solar and global services, category-leading products, and a fortified technology roadmap, NEXTracker is making a dramatic impact on the power plant of the future.
NEXTracker is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law.
NEXTracker provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request in order to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within NX will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Thank you for considering a career with NEXTracker.
The NEXTracker – NPI Mechanical Engineer will be based in Zhangjiang Shanghai. A New Product Introduction (NPI) program encompasses all the activities within an organization to define, develop and launch a new or improved product. NPI Mechanical Manager works on NPI programs, including DFM and other activities supporting related suppliers and engineering team to achieving organization targets. The role need to support the on-going globalization of suppliers outside of China and lead Mechanical NPI activities.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Feasibility study, estimate, quote, evaluate, specify and purchase capital equipment and tooling for new programs or modifications to existing programs to budget
- Interact with and direct vendors to provide equipment and tooling to our standards and performance expectations
- Work with senior technical leads to develop technical innovation strategy for the program
- Identify, and analyze problems, taking the initiative to implement improvements identified with a recognized business benefit
- Actively participate in client discussions, meetings, and business development opportunities as needed
- Launch equipment and tooling to production floor and support ongoing production throughout program cycle
- Develop and maintain process documentation and assist with quality documentation
- Understand and perform tolerance stack ups.
- Investigate and implement cost reductions through process improvements
- Record lessons learned and revise system documentation to reduce recurrence
- Support plant layout for efficient product flow within equipment
- Work directly with skilled trades, program managers and quality engineers
- Manage and execute actions from Product Lifecycle Management system including engineering change orders
- Delivers process improvement cost out initiatives:
- Cycle Time Reduction Tooling Cost Out Set-up Reduction
- Process Capability/First Pass Yield
- Drive process improvement to eliminate waste and drive standardization.
- Coordinate the day-to-day activities required to deliver all projects and deliverables on time
- Identify and mitigate risks throughout the schedule
- Deliver status updates to all stakeholders
- Manage external dependencies and logistics
- Develop the overall prioritization, milestones, deliverables, and success criteria
- Coordinate product management, engineering, quality, project engineering, applications engineering and vendors to formulate and review task plans and deliverable items, ensures conformance with program task schedules and costs
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering, Construction, or equivalent experience
- Rich experience in NPI mechanical, with experience leading people and working in an international environment.
- Knowledge of complex international supply chain procurement and logistics systems
- Understanding of dealing with customer support
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities with proven management experience
- Fluent oral and written communications in English and Chinese.
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration skills
- Results orientation and demonstrated ability to think out of the box to drive results
- Ability to handle ambiguity and respond quickly and flexibly
- Autonomous, take decision or influences.
- Travel required
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Passion for solar is a plus
- Strong knowledge of PV technology and its applications is preferred
- Experienced on the business management/business development side
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Social Insurance
- Life Insurance
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website