*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Flex Automotive Hardware Team in Timisoara is growing. We're offering intelligent, connected automotive solutions that improve safety, increase efficiency, reduce fuel consumption and more.
At Flex automotive hardware team, we're looking to expand our team of specialists working on autonomous driving solutions. Our new colleagues will be working closely with teams from North America, Europe and Asia and will be responsible for creating the next generation hardware for Autonomous Driving.
Calling all enthusiastic, ambitious & self-motivated hardware engineers! Do you thrive on new challenges and look forward to joining a young, dynamic team? Apply today and let's create the extraordinary!
PCB Design Engineer
As a PCB Design Engineer you will be responsible for the design, the simulation the planning and the execution of all product-related PCB design tasks based on the work and procedures described in the quality manual and the applicable development policies of Flex Automotive in predetermined development budget and time frame.
Furthermore, must oversee the printed circuit board constructions of Flex internal and/or external requirements, and when necessary to coordinate the PCB build and the specifications for layout design. All development work products have to undergo a review in order to be released.
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do
- Plan and implement PCB designs in development projects from concept to series production and series production management.
- Create layout drawings according to customer specifications, internal requirements and standards
- Review PCB designs, including the necessary calculations for construction
- Layout constraint management for automotive schematic
- Design and optimize circuit layout for high speed communication lines
- Make changes where relevant for the above tasks
- Coordinate internal and external points which are involved in the processing of specific tasks, in consultation with the technical superior
- Proof of design completion, accourding to customer requirements, by creating and releasing the required project documents, and also organizing the associated design tests
- Process and distribute project and procurement related information
- Find and distribute information about new PCB technologies, manufacturing process of subassemblies, components, and subject-specific tools
- Visit international customers for project coordination and solving project problems
- Business leadership a project / work team in accordance with operational requirements, in consultation with the supervisor
- Participate in the project team and achieve the project goals (function, date, price and quality.
Here is some of what you'll need:
- Engineering degree or equivalent in Electronic or related discipline
- 3-5 years Layout Development experience in Automotive, with great understanding of electro-mechanical systems (e.g. sunroof, overhead console) and/or domain controller (e.g. domain controllers, ethernet switches)
- Experience with communication buses CAN, LIN, Automotive Ethernet, Ethernet 100/1000
- Familiar with impedance adaptation for high speed communication
- Strong technical understanding and Analytical skills (systematic approach, capability of abstraction and simplification, recognize dependencies, weaknesses and risks, understand the use, boundary conditions and fields of application of systems)
- Familiar with Development Cycle (V-cycle) for Automotive, SPICE
- Familiar with Layout Design rules for automotive design and Testing Techniques at system and / or component level
- Experience in the use of various OEM layout design standards
- Great Communication skills - fluent in English, communicate effectively internally with technical experts, PM / BD team and with the Customer as well
We consider the following experience as a plus:
- Experience with high speed digital design (infotainment, displays, clusters, camera, connectivity)
- Experience with routing for xGMII, 10Gb KR, PCIe Gen 3
- Experience with Cadence Allegro PCB Designer
- Familiar with layout optimization for EMC design
- Familiar with TS16949 requirements, and/or experience in working in a TS/ISO certified design and development environment
- In-depth knowledge of hardware and facilitate coordination of interfaces for electronic hardware development;
- Familiar with safety relevant layout design
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Competitive salary package
- International career opportunities
- 25 vacation days per year
- Meal and gift tickets
- Health insurance including dentist services or private pension
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
KS15Job Category Design & Technology
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website