*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The Quality Engineer will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL. This position will support the molding quality engineering projects as well as improvements related to applicable processes.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
• Intense collaboration
• Passionate customer focus
• Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
• Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
• Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
• Develops and initiates standards and methods for inspection, testing and evaluation
• Devises sampling procedures and designs and develops forms and instructions for recording, evaluating and reporting quality and reliability data.
• Develops and implements methods and procedures for disposition of discrepant material and devises methods to assess cost and responsibility.
• Directs workers engaged in measuring and testing product and tabulating data concerning materials, product or process quality and reliability.
• Compiles and writes training material and conducts training sessions on quality control activities.
• Supports Product Engineers and Quality Program Managers with customer interfaces as necessary on quality related issues.
• Assures data availability and integrity for all quality related data. Consolidates and reports quality results.
• Initiates corrective action requests as needed and tracks to satisfactory completion
• Assists with development and implementation of quality audits.
• Responsible for developing, applying, revising and maintaining quality standards for processing materials into partially finished or finished products
• Designs and implements methods and procedures for inspecting, testing and evaluating the precision and accuracy of products and/or production equipment.
• Investigate customer complaints
• Establishes program to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement and analytical equipment and facilities.
• Approves product, process and equipment qualification
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
• Engineering degree mechanical or biomedical would be preferred
• Knowledge of Process Validation for medical industry molding (IQ/OQ/PQ)
• 7+ years Medical device industry experience
• Working knowledge of CAPA (corrective and preventative action) and FMEA
• Demonstrates knowledge of multiple functional technologies/ processes related to product manufacturing including molding
• Requires skill and troubleshooting, and diagnostics, and overview of the entire test process and the ability to train others.
• Demonstrates advanced operations, technical and people and/or process skills as well as customer (external and internal) relationship skills
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
• CQE – Certified Quality Engineer by ASQ
• Demonstrated knowledge of compliance to ISO 13485 and FDA 21CFR 820
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
• Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
• Life Insurance
• Matching 401K
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Employee discounts at local retailers
JN25Job Category QualityFlex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: email@example.com. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website