*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The SMT Operator will be based in Buffalo Grove, IL. The SMT Operator is responsible for the set-up of SMT components, and adjusts the speed and temperature to accommodate varying types and sizes of products.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Must be familiar with Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) electronic components and SMT assembly process.
- Must be able to set-up and operate automated SMT assembly equipment including Screen Printer, Glue Dispensing Machine, Pick and Place Machine, and Reflow Oven.
- Must be able to properly clean boards.
- Able to perform basic soldering and rework of SMT components. Must successfully complete solder training course (Flex provided).
- Picks components and prepares kits for manufacturing.
- Able to perform visual inspections of SMT assemblies.
- Able to maintain accurate job tracking records.
- Able to interpret IPC-A-610 standards for acceptability and customer specifications.
- Must be familiar with and able to use hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, etc.
- Shall maintain a neat appearance about self and work area.
- Shall be accountable for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed.
- Shall practice safe work habits and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Must be familiar with Flex handbook.
- Train co-workers and assist when problems arise.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 1 year of SMT/electronics assembly experience
- Ability to read and interpret assembly prints
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Medical manufacturing experience
- Strong analytical, math and problem-solving skills
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply on company website