*CURRENT EMPLOYEES :
Please click here to be redirected to the internal career site.Job Description
The SMT Operator will be based in BG,IL. SMT Operator with knowledge of AOI/MPM operations, as well ASM machinery. Looking for 1-2 years' experience.
We are looking for someone who demonstrates:
- Intense collaboration
- Passionate customer focus
- Thoughtful, fast, disciplined execution
- Tenacious commitment to continuous improvement
- Relentless drive to win
Here is a glimpse of what you'll do:
- Must be familiar with Surface-Mount Technology (SMT) electronic components and SMT assembly process.
- Must be able to set-up and operate automated SMT assembly equipment including Screen Printer, Glue Dispensing Machine, Pick and Place Machine, and Reflow Oven.
- Must be able to properly clean boards.
- Able to perform basic soldering and rework of SMT components. Must successfully complete solder training course (Flex provided).
- Picks components and prepares kits for manufacturing.
- Able to perform visual inspections of SMT assemblies.
- Able to maintain accurate job tracking records.
- Able to interpret IPC-A-610 standards for acceptability and customer specifications.
- Must be familiar with and able to use hand tools, screwdrivers, pliers, cutters, etc.
- Shall maintain a neat appearance about self and work area.
- Shall be accountable for quality, quantity and inspection of work performed.
- Shall practice safe work habits and report unsafe conditions to supervisor.
- Must be familiar with Flex handbook.
- Train co-workers and assist when problems arise.
Here is some of what you'll need (required):
- Have a general knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- Computer Skills: data entry, reports.
- Read and interpret assembly prints.
- Basic soldering (Identify & correctly insert parts).
- Able to work with speed and accuracy.
- Able to communicate effectively and relate to co-workers.
- Able to follow verbal instructions.
- Mechanical assembly and soldering ability.
Here are a few of our preferred experiences:
- Strong analytical, math and problem-solving
Here are a few examples of what you'll get for the great work you provide:
- Full range of medical benefits, dental, vision
- Life Insurance
- Matching 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee discounts at local retailers
KT36Job Category Operations
Flex does not accept unsolicited resumes from headhunters, recruitment agencies or fee based recruitment services. Flex is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employment selection decisions are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Flex does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices based on: age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability, pregnancy status or any other status protected by law. Flex provides reasonable accommodation so that qualified applicants with a disability may participate in the selection process. Please advise us of any accommodations you request to express interest in a position by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please state your request for assistance in your message. Only reasonable accommodation requests related to applying for a specific position within Flex will be reviewed at the e-mail address. Flex will contact you if it is determined that your background is a match to the required skills required for this position. Thank you for considering a career with Flex.
The information we collect:
We may collect personal information that you choose to submit to us through the Website or otherwise provide to us. This may include your contact details; information provided in online questionnaires, feedback forms, or applications for employment; and information you provide such as CV/Resume. Your details will be provided to the entity you are applying for a job with. We will use your information for legitimate business purposes such as responding to comments or queries or answering questions; progressing applications for employment; allowing you to choose to share web content with others or; where you represent one of our customers or suppliers, administering the business relationship with that customer or supplier. We will process your data in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice.
If you have any queries about the processing of your data, please contact:
Global Data Privacy Officer:
Email Address: email@example.com
Apply on company website