FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
The Business Development Director, Airborne, Land and Maritime Systems is responsible for oversight of FN America Airborne, Land and Maritime Weapons Systems Project Management and assigned employees supporting Aircraft Weapons Systems Integration and Remote Weapons Systems Integration within US market. This includes platform integrations of the FN HMP and RMP Pods, GAU 21, M3P, Medium and Light DeFNder and other medium and light small arms manufactured by FN. This position supports OEM integration and business development through trade show attendance, development of sales leads and coordination with the FNH sales team. In addition, this position will support end-user training, US Government Customer Contract Support, Airborne Weapons Systems Training and Services, Airborne and Remote Weapons Systems Demonstrations, and Airborne Weapons Systems Shows and Exhibit Support.
- Leads the business development efforts as the Airborne, Land and Maritime Systems expert and liaison for FN Herstal (FNH) / FN Marketing and FN America.
- Supports the VP, Military Operations in completing US systems market strategy to include preliminary and performance studies employing the basic science of armaments in preparation for future systems development.
- Leads a team of employees that support system programs in the USA (there is one person currently).
- Coordinates with FN Herstal to ensure understanding of user requirements, protocols, and system integration issues.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) during program management reviews.
- Assists during system demonstrations, test events, and technical readiness reviews.
- Maintains a proficient technical level of expertise on existing and future products that correspond with evolving market requirements.
- Serves as the subject matter expert (SME) during field testing and evaluation of weapon systems to meet specified requirements and implementation of necessary changes.
- Evaluates and analyzes systems through training and practical application.
- Oversees training, educational requirements for FN technicians supporting Systems portfolio.
Bachelor's Degree highly preferred.
Must have at least 10+ years of solid experience with military service in Airborne, Land and Maritime Weapon Systems integration with a United States Government (USG) platform.
Must have a thorough understanding of integration into 1553, 1760 architectures on vehicles, boats, and aircraft.
Must be familiar with current Depart of Defense (DoD) military standards for qualification, certification and testing.
A minimum of basic level of marksmanship experience required. Advanced level marksmanship experience preferred. A minimum of basic level understanding of weapon terminology and functionality. An advanced level understanding is preferred.
Must be able to qualify as Range Safety Officer.
Previous experience as an instructor and/or management and curriculum development are highly desirable, but not required.
Background in electronics systems integration of sophisticated weapons systems desirable.
Must be skilled in the use and maintenance of firearms of varying size and caliber.
Previous industry experience strongly is preferred.
Previous management experience leading a team is required.
Excellent communication and relationship building skills required, along with the ability to effectively partner with customers, partners, and internal stakeholders
Various handguns, less-than-lethal systems, rifles, carbines, machine guns - used less than 1/3 time.
Drives a pick-up truck - less than 1/3 time.
Must be able to travel internationally and domestically at least 20%.
Typical office environment with some travel between buildings and to other locations required.
All FN America employees have a responsibility to participate in the development of a safe and healthy workplace and to comply with instructions given for their own safety and health and that of others.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on company website