FN America, LLC is a U.S. subsidiary of FN Herstal, S.A., a global leader in the development and manufacturing of high-quality, reliable firearms for military, law enforcement and commercial customers worldwide. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia with manufacturing operations in Columbia, South Carolina, FN America is passionately committed to providing its customers with a portfolio of FN-branded products, training and support services that enhance user performance and safeguard their lives. For more information, visit us at or follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
Responsible for the effective utilization of inspection equipment and systems to assure the quality manufacture of products.
- Operates and analyzes data from sophisticated measuring devices such as DNC, CMM, OGP, Mirco-Hite, and programmable measuring devices including multi axis and linear axis. Communicates analysis results to MEs, QEs, and/or manufacturing employees for continuous quality improvement.
- Assists MEs, QEs, and/or set-up personnel and manufacturing employees as required for facilitating production and assuring quality.
- Provides work instruction to manufacturing employees relative to product quality requirements, measurement techniques, measuring equipment use and care, process control characteristics, and frequency.
- Applies statistical process control methods for analyzing and interpreting data to evaluate the current process and process changes.
- Quarantines questionable product and in concert with the preliminary material review team members, determines the disposition.
- Performs preventative maintenance on inspection equipment as required.
- Measures product to obtain quality data to evaluate quality improvements, process capability (CP/CPK), machine capability (CN/CMK), and gage repeatability and reproducibility (GR&R).
- Documents data obtained during all quality assurance activities, consistent with policies and procedures. Prepares documentation of quality (inspection results, disposition scrap/rework as required) prior to product movement inside the company, to outside contractors, and to final customers.
- Maintains a working knowledge of government and industry quality assurance codes and standards.
- Communicates significant issues or developments identified during quality assurance activities and provides recommended process improvements to management.
- Ability to relay the audit results in an electronic format as required for the area of support (i.e. filling out audit results in a 202 or 206 format).
- An understanding and background of simple/generic machining processes and possible secondary operations (i.e. grinding, heat treat, sandblasting, bead blasting, phosphate, etc.).
- Performs simple open setups as required. The ability to demonstrate, understand, explain, and document the layout inspection and procedures (inspection control plans) to isolate correlation issues due to person interpretation or method differences.
- Familiar with basic computer usage (creating, modifying, and saving documents).
- Performs complex open setups as required.
- May assist the Quality Engineer with data analysis on problem areas or trends that need additional attention by developing, gathering, and compiling data for advanced quality planning techniques.
- Verifies compliance of certification packages to necessary drawing standards, specifications, etc. (i.e. surface finish, heat treat, material, chemical composition, and special processes).
- Ability/responsibility to train others, to communicate effectively the rationale used to support this ability through verbal and/or written instructions as required.
- Interacts, supports, and works with product engineering on prototypes through production; helping to measure, verify, and isolate potential problems. Be an integral part of any problem-solving through supplying quantifiable data in a logical and supportable method.
- The ability to demonstrate, understand, and explain complex assemblies and the function of individual components in relationship to the whole.
- Ability to relay requirements in an electronic format as required for the area of support from parts specifications (i.e. creation of the 202 and 206 requirements for print).
- Performs diversified operations on CMMs, ODP, or similar equipment including true position, profile, and alignments.
- Performs delegated responsibilities as need, ability to travel and work with little or no supervision.
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- High school diploma (or GED).
- Five to seven years related experience in a manufacturing environment, or a combination of education, experience, certifications.
- Must be proficient in at least two of the following:
-first article inspection
-advanced geometric dimensioning & tolerancing (GD&T)
ASQ certification (CQT type of methodologies)
-thorough knowledge of current manufacturing processes, machine tool, and tooling
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, talk, and hear. The employee may stand for long periods of time, will be walking, bending over and squatting. The employee will be lifting up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Able to communicate clearly using verbal and written skills. Ability to read and interpret complex written information, such as prints. Speaks clearly and persuasively. Listens and gets clarification; participates in meetings. Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information. Follows policies and procedures; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness. Meets productivity standards. Observes safety and security procedures. Adapts to changes in the work environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity/M/F/disability/protected veteran status
FN America, LLC is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with physical and mental disabilities.
If you need special assistance or an accommodation while seeking employment, please email HR@FNAmerica.com or call: 803-736-0522. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Apply on company website